Trying to get 165/15s for your skinnies??!!!

A couple years ago you walked into Pep Boys and could get a set of 2 165-15s for about $70-$80! Good luck finding somebody who makes them still or has any of them in stock. Fortunately Kumho makes a tire called the Powerstar 165/80/15. The bad news is they have been on backorder forever!

OK, here’s the deal on the front skinny tires. BFG discontinued the 155/80-15. Nobody has those either and you can’t order them. Anybody (about 3 manufacturers) make the 165/80-15. Everybody is back ordered or out of stock or not getting more. I finally tried one last place – JC Whitney! LOL! They have the Kumho Powerstar 165-15s!!! They are $146.96 shipped and they don’t ship until this Friday. There’s a 7 month back order on these Kumhos everywhere else. One distributor said it could be another 5 months before they start making more!!! For crying out loud!!!! OR You can pay stupid $$ to Coker Tire or buy the Hoosiers which are also very pricey. Never would have thought that 165-15s would be so hard to get!!!!
Probably be atleast a week before the wheels and tires get mounted up. May mount up the rears and test for fitment so that doesn’t hold me up.
I wish I had known this or I would've ordered these weeks ago.

I actually called Kumho direct, and as soon as I mentioned the size, they already knew what to say. They told me they are on national back order and could be 6-8 weeks before they get them from Korea where they are being produced. So they are well aware and are doing what they can.

If they don't ship friday for some reason, I'll just spend the extra $60 and get the Sportsman 26x7.5x15s from Jegs @ $99 each.

J

• Sponsors (?)