Trying to help a friend and need help

zZsKyZz

Dec 1, 2005
My friend has an 2003 Dodge Neon SXT and I don't know much about them.. He knows it's not the best car to race with, but his parents won't let him get a v8 and it's the car he is with [we've all been there so don't even bother beating it down]. Right now, the car looks pretty good.. He's not ricing it out, he just wants it to have more balls and still look decent. Right now, the car is black wiht blue underglow, 17" gunmetal rims, and a duel exhaust muffler. He will be working alot during the summer [full time I think] and he wants to do alot to the car to make it faster. My question is with these cars.. where do you start and what's the best to do? same as a mustang or what?

Thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

Honestly, the guy shouldn't waste time and money trying to make that car faster. Maybe do some weight reduction if possible since that's free. But a Neon SXT is not a performance car in the least bit, so there's probably nothing out there that's of any value. What is out there, is not gonna do much to that tiny motor. Trust me, I've been there, with my 1985 Toyota Corolla. I wanted something faster, but I realized there was nothing I could do to the Corolla, so I saved my money and bought a mustang when my parents let me.

If he is REAL serious about making that car faster (and he has skill, which I doubt he does since he sounds real young), think about swapping in an SRT4 motor. THOSE have some power!

CManT1914 said:
Honestly, the guy shouldn't waste time and money trying to make that car faster. Maybe do some weight reduction if possible since that's free. But a Neon SXT is not a performance car in the least bit, so there's probably nothing out there that's of any value. What is out there, is not gonna do much to that tiny motor. Trust me, I've been there, with my 1985 Toyota Corolla. I wanted something faster, but I realized there was nothing I could do to the Corolla, so I saved my money and bought a mustang when my parents let me.

If he is REAL serious about making that car faster (and he has skill, which I doubt he does since he sounds real young), think about swapping in an SRT4 motor. THOSE have some power!

Well, his father owns a old vette and a model A.. The kid is only 16 but he strives to learn about these things. I work at A&A auto [keystone] in PA and I've been looking up parts for him.. Crane cams makes a cam for it.. If he can get an intake and a head.. maybe headers.. then a Do-it-yourself Turbo... he can have alteast 200 HP?

I really wanna help him with it..