tune-up question

yooknohu

Jun 9, 2003
I only have 32k on car and it takes some gas to get this thing started. Seems like low miles to have these symptoms. I also just installed an o/r X pipe and the idle sounds a little off.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

What do you mean by gas???? your pushing the pedal to get it started or cranking time???
Pulling the cats may require the computer a few miles to catch up to the change..I would think the sound your hearing may just be cause your actually hearing the motor instead of it being muffled by the cats??

Sorry, yes I have to press the gas pedal and it stuggles to turn over the first time or two. I put a new battery and still didn't change. when I roll up the windows or turn the steering wheel the lights dim. That does make sense about the x-pipe.

Try this...turn the key, youll hear the fuelpump come on then shut off...do this 3 times BEFORE trying to start...Hit the key and see what happens...see if it lights right off...get back to us with that info...

The dimming at idle could just be putting a load on the system...it will tend to dim things then it come back...you running u/drives???

Yup...Not really bad...it may start for years like that...its more a pain than anything else...
replacing the pump will bring the starting back....the pressure regulator in the pump assy gets weak causing what you got....

Mine did that chit for 4yrs...change the pump if it bothers you...otherewise get used to the key/prime deal... :D

i have the same problem with my lights dimming to point that my car almost stalls when the window r rolled up or down , i am holding off on installing my under drive pulleys till i find the problem any ideas , i had the alt checked and it was said to be good any ideas .

must b a stang said:
i have the same problem with my lights dimming to point that my car almost stalls when the window r rolled up or down , i am holding off on installing my under drive pulleys till i find the problem any ideas , i had the alt checked and it was said to be good any ideas .

Batteries good...alts good...maybe you have a bad ground strap???
The one by the drivers side motor mount went South on mine....There cheap money to replace..mine appeared good, but wasnt...I was having starting probs tho...none the less, bad ground would cause that dimming...