tuning for power with nitrous jetting

I was wondering if anyone had experience with jetting of nitrous systems for power output and afr's. I just got an edelbrock performer system, since jegs has it for $340, but I feel I may be able to go higher than 100hp. Edelbrock says that the solenoids are good for 150hp, so how can i determine what jetting config that would be?
In the manual they give a jetting list for the 3 power levels and there respective afr. They are all real rich at close to 10.5. Since nitrous is similar to a super or turbocharger application, it seems that more power and better performance would come from getting the afr into the 11s. I would like to figure out how to take advantage of the higher flow rates of the solenoids w/o having to spend $170 for the RPM upgrade. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Remember that no2 goes lean for just a fraction of a second when you hit it. (visible on a datalogger with a wideband o2 sensor)
I *think* this is caused by the time delay it takes for the fuel to vaporise and begin to burn, while the no2 does so instantly.

So imho it would be wise to stay on the rich side of the curve.

" rich costs a few horsepower, lean costs a new motor. "

Know what ah' mean?
Dave-
:nice: :flag:

Like mentioned it's safest to keep it rich.

I only have 3 suggestions:
- If you are going to play with the jetting, invest in a wideband O2 sensor and controller.
- Remeber to plan for worst case scenario. On a hot day the bottle pressure will be higher which means more N2O will be injected.
-I would tune for an AFR of 11.5:1 This will allow you some wiggle room for safety (you don't start melting parts until your AFR goes over 13:1) without sacrificing too much power from being over-rich.