Tuning Stock Computer In Orlando

sen2two

I've been lubing and pulling it all morning
Jul 18, 2013
I have only heard good things about lamotta performance here in Orlando. but on their website it states:

$400.00 on stock ecm cars (Lamotta tuning will require an SCT programmer or chip)

Does that me and I have to buy in SCT tuner, before I go there. Or will he be able to flash my car with his own tuner? Does anybody have any personal experience with this shop for tuning?

ps. My car is a pretty basic bolt on 91 fox.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm sure of that.

but my question is, do i need to buy the tuner and have it tuned?

or will they just flash my computer as is without me needing to buy the sct?

I have only heard good things about lamotta performance here in Orlando. but on their website it states:

$400.00 on stock ecm cars (Lamotta tuning will require an SCT programmer or chip)

Does that me and I have to buy in SCT tuner, before I go there. Or will he be able to flash my car with his own tuner? Does anybody have any personal experience with this shop for tuning?

ps. My car is a pretty basic bolt on 91 fox.

When you say "SCT Tuner", I think you're talking about a tuner like what you see in magazine ads for Mustangs these days. If I am correct about that, then the tuner you're talking about is not one that is compatible with the EECIV in your car. Those "tuners" are for much later year cars.

The "chip" that you need for your EEC is just that. It's a chip. No display, no buttons, no wires, no interface. It's a chip that slides onto the service port like @toyman indicated above.

Unless you know EXACTLY what you need, then I'd purchase it from the place that will be doing the tune. That way, you ensure that you have the correct chip for your EEC and that it's also compatible with the hardware and software possessed by the folks in the shop that will be doing the work.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the help. I thought there was one of those hand held tuners from sct for the fox and I just couldn't find it... lol.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but that might be $400 + the price of the chip.

You might want to call and check into this prior to showing up, just so there aren't any surprises

300 for the chip. 400 for the tune. I think i would rather get a Megasquirt for that price.

I just finished my nitrous set up. I want to make sure the car is safe to run it and know what I should be running my timing at.

300 for the chip. 400 for the tune. I think i would rather get a Megasquirt for that price.

I just finished my nitrous set up. I want to make sure the car is safe to run it and know what I should be running my timing at.
How much nitrous? I run 10* adv with spout in with a 125 shot fwiw on 93 oct fuel

I plan to run a 150 shot. I know it's been done with no problems. I just want to be sure my car is healthy before I spray it. But 700 for a tune is not worth it with my upgrades. I can buy another 302 for less than that... lol

From my experience here in Orlando over the past 18 years. Hands down, Sniper Tuning in Sanford or, Horse Power Sales in Orlando. They also won't try and rape you on the price either.

Last edited:
It's not the 400 that gets me. I think 400 is a fair price. Tunes should be the same price whether your car is stock or built. But having to buy the chip as well puts me off...

this is my first V8 car since 2002. I been building rotary cars since then. And dyno time has always been the same price no matter how stock or how built your car was. Stock computer or standalone. And it was usually around the 400 price range. But I never had to pay for the chip/reflash/whatever as well.

What you guys are missing is the fact that the stock ECU cannot be reprogrammed. That's why the chip is necessary. These are OBDI systems not OBDII which can be reflashed.

Reactions: 1 user