Tweecer EEC tuning folks.. Got a few question

OinkAodeOink

Founding Member
Jun 5, 2002
Daytona bch, Florida
For some reason i CAN NOT get the tweecer forum to work for me.. ALWAYS get an "invalid session" after trying to sign in, or even create a new account..
Anyhow, i come here for help....

My cars burnin a TON of fuel. Wouldnt be a bad daily driver except for this problem..
When i put my car on the dyno, they recorded A/F ratios from 8.13-8.61 at WOT from start to peak power and torque.. On the street the car just leaves BIG clouds of black smoke, but still manages to pull like a train.
I do have a sputtering problem around 4500rpms up, but could also be ignition related..

My questions are... what sensors/calculations are involved in calaculating WOT A/F ratios?
From what i understand, the O2's and emissions equipment are out of the picture, and the EEC reads input from the TPS, ACT, ECT, MAF, VSS, and RPM

My only thought would be why im seeing crazy rich a/f #'s is because my ECT is placed in the rear of my lower intake.. the pass side rear port, on an edelbrock lower.. Could i possibly be seeing cooler ECT temps from this port, in turn fooling the computer into thinking the cars running cooler then it is, and keeping the car in OL? I also have my ACT sensor dangling in the inner fender well ( zip tied up actually) and is reading ambient outside temps at all times..

ANy ideas?
Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

Have you tried playing around with your MAF transfer curve? I would play around with that before messign around with teh scalars. The ACT and ECT only affect air/fuel when they record out of range values such as temp being too high so they dump fuel to prevent detonation. Or too low to increase temp. They affect it via multipliers. Dial in your MAF curve if you havent done so.

Just change it where it runs in open loop all the time it netted me a good 3-4mpg, you just have to lean out your maf transfer some. Also check injector timing and if you wanna get real technical start fooling around with open loop fuel tables some it might not work out that great if you dotn have a wideband .

Nick

OinkAodeOink said:
For some reason i CAN NOT get the tweecer forum to work for me.. ALWAYS get an "invalid session" after trying to sign in, or even create a new account..
Anyhow, i come here for help....

I get that same message at the girls house on her comp. I hate it.

Are the A/F readings at 8.x at WOT? If I recal (new to this and have not messed with this yet as my motor is not ready to run yet) the WOT does not involve the MAF as it goes by the tables and functions. YOU may want to check your WOT multipliers/ and adj. your A/F ratios in the tables. Again I am new so this is from what I have seen and I would at most do a search on these topics on tweecer.oplnk.net.

yea im seeing the super rich condition in OL at WOT.. Just driving down the street, i get decent milage, thought it could be better in CL..

So weve narrowed it down to the MAF function asnd OL fuel tables..

somthing i just thought about that might be causing the problem is.. im running off the Incon42 MAF function ( tweecer provided maf function)
because i never did get a flow sheet with my 3.5" univer meter ( cal'ed for 42's) Unless anyone knows of or has a Univer flow sheet?

Have you tryed using a Pro-m 42 config?? What version of caledit are you running and what config file are you using?? Did you change the displacement scalar to 342? Also for your o2's to work right in CL if you have long tubes, you have to change the exhaust pulse delay also.

Nick

My o2's are both in the downpipe, which is about 3 feet or so from the heads... which is about where they would be with longtubes, so this might also have somthing to do with the rich condition even in CL.. Have any figures to input as far as the exhuast pulse delay is concerned? I know they say to increase them, but how far, i dont know..

I havent tried the ProM42 cal, since its for a draw through meter..Figured the blow through cal would be more accurate, but i could be wrong..

Displacment is set at 342ci
Im using the 1.20B3 version of Cal Edit

Oink has a turbo, bringing up the longtubes a good point (even though he does not have them) as the o2 may be seeing more/less heat on there location. I say see if you can find a wideband o2 meter from someone local or buy one and run some datalogs with it and start adj.

Also can you "search" on tweecer, you could run a search and see what others have done to help fix these problems. or as someone else posted go to the yahoo groups.

Drop the cash for EEC Analizer if you have not already.

A few Q's

Do you have a wb?

Did ProM not provide you with a flow sheet with the maf?

Are you using the orignal stock pcm?

A few thoughts

Sensors dangling and installed in different locations might not hurt anything but the pcm does use their imput to arrive at its various values. Now that you have a tuning device I would put all that stuff back like stock.

I'm not comfortable telling you to lean things out if you don't have a wb to verify af ratio and even more so with a power adder.

However if you want to risk it

You could see what is the largest maf voltage values show up in your datalogs while still in CL and then lean out the values above that point a bit.

The open loop stabilized fuel table can also be used to manipulate the af ratio.

Later
Grady