Tweecer EEC tuning folks.. Got a few question

EEC Analyzer site: http://EECAnalyzer.webhop.net/

My first thought is that you maf transfer curve is seriously out of whack. Are you positive your used meter was calibrated for your eec/injectors? The other possibility is your maf sensing wires are contaminated by oil/grime from an overoiled filter.

Have you done any datalogging to see what your kamrf values are?

Has this always been a problem, or has it shown up recently? If a recent problem, have you made any changes at all to your combo?

What other symptoms do you have? Does it surge at idle?

Do you have a cold air kit with a bend right before the maf?

Your ECT placement is not the issue, as the ECT does not affect the a/f nearly enough to make your car run as rich as it is.

Unless you have made changes in your WOT fuel tables, I'm pretty sure it is in your MAF transfer curve. You may need to build one from scratch using the EEC analyzer...

BTW, I dropped in from the tweecer board thanks to your buddy's link. Have no idea why you keep getting the "invalid session" error...

• Sponsors (?)

i have heard only good things about the eec analyser program. i am out of money right now, so i haven't bought it.

another option (that i am using) is a spreadsheet created by walt barnes that you can use to graph pw vs kamrf. it also calculates the slope, which can help with determining the correct high and low injector slope values, and the injector offset vs battery voltage function. plus it lets you graph kamrf vs maf so you can see where your maf is out of whack. it is on the yahoo groups site under files/other.

93Cobra2771 said:
Walt's stuff is well done as well. One thing worth noting is that his some of his stuff doesn't work on the A9L family eec due to various differences between them and the 94+ stuff.
yeah, the logged pulse widths on the a9l are too high, so you have to mutliply them by .50039 to make them correct.

Not only that, but the breakpoint on the a9l family is actually a fuel adder, while in the 94+ stuff it is an adjustable point where the injectors switch from hi to low slopes. Walt's macro is designed to set that in the 94+ stuff, but flips out on an A9L datalog... :D

Ok, little background info..

Problems started after the new motor, turbo setup, and univer meter went in.
Basic combo is, 342ci stroker, Edelbrock heads and intake ( rpm), stock cam, 42lb injectors, Univer 3.5" meter, that is caled for 42's and blow through ( stamped on meter)..
The car doesnt really show any symptoms, other then the super rich condition, and it breaks up real bad under light load anything over 3000rpms. Does have a slight miss at idle, but cruise speeds it is smooth as silk.

The meter is placed in the middle of a straight pipe, with about 12" or so on each end of straigh section, so i know its sampling air correct.

I havent even messed with the fuel tables, so i dunno if that could be to blame.
I havent even had a chance to datalog anything, so im not sure whats really going on.

i dont know if its the turbo, or tune...

Its odd...

Example: Say i take off and am cruising ast 40mph.. i gently ease on the gas, about half throttle and hold it there.. im now making about 10psi of boost, the turbo is screaming, but the car isnt taking off like a rocket ( as it does at WOT)... It starts cutting out, poping and breaking up, as in ignition break up... Only does this half throttle.. so probably between 40-70% load values, and anything over 3000rpms ( around there)

Say for some reason i want to cruise on the interstate at 90mph.. around 3100rpms,. it would break up real bad, and sputter.. leaving black smoke behind

I just checked the tune, and i accidently had 301ci in the displacement scaler.
I understand this throws off the load values?

Im going to borrow a laptop today and attempt to log... keep ya updated!

update:did alittle tweeking and some datalogging.

NOTE: automatic trans...
What i notced: My KAMRF avlues stay at 1 the whole time? Maybe the EEC hasnt had enough time to relearn? 15 mins of driving, cruising, and WOT pulls.
1st gear, 2nd gear both feel fine, at cruise speed and WOT, but 3rd and overdrive, is where things start to go odd..When i hit 3rd, my load percentages rocket to 80-85%, timing drops to 16-17*, and im seeing about 1" of vacuum. It feels like a major bog in 3rd on the initail shift, same with overdrive. Its almost like a horrible Tip In retard on shifts, like the 5 speeds have at WOT. This is all from 1500-2800rpms from 25 or so to 55mph. Then levels out and everything comes back to normal past 55mph or so.

Now at WOT, in 3rd, it wont pull hard at all, making 10psi it feels like an N/A motor, takes forever to rev up, and once it hits around 4500 it picks up nice and screams..Same with overdrive.. just wants to bog.
Dead spot in the timing? Im seeing 20-21* total timing.. 10* base
Fuel presure is 40psi at cruise speeds, 50ish at full boost.

My load values are in the 20-30% range in 1st and 2nd, and go up to 80-85% in 3rd ( cruising, slooow accerlation) and WOT load figures are pegged at 199%

I have already entered in 342ci as displacment, what else can i do to lower these insane load figures?

BTW: anyone have a copy of Log Anylst.. program worked great before, and the Zip file on Darrens site, is currupt.. if anyone has a copy PM me please.
I really need a way to graph and plot these datalogs.

The stabilized fuel table would be the one you would work with for wot but the thing I would try to find out is can you get maf values for the meter you are using.

Don't know about the Univer but the other ProM meters have generic flow sheets that can be found on sites like ProM, Tweecer and such.

Like some of the other people have said I think the maf transfer is the best place to start.

It go's without saying but when you start to lean it out you want to make small changes. It prob would not hurt to dial back the spark some when playing with the af ratio.

Later
Grady