Tweecer Newbie in Desperate Need of Help!

88GT347STROKED

Mar 10, 2006
:bang: Well Guys first off ANY Help is greatly appreciated... I finally finished rebuilding my beast about 1yr ago and still dont have a good tune on it. It has even been to 2 performance shops and they cant get a good tune on it... I have a tweecer RT and do have some log files if anyone whats to take a look on a base X3Z computer... First questions in the data logging I did yesterday I noticed that one of my O2 sensors was getting a way different reading and logic tells me they should be close to the same so I dont know whats wrong there... Anyway here are the details with engine: 347stroker, 75mm mass air proM calabraited for 30ilb injectors, I have FMS 30ib injectors, Stock fuel system with regulator set a 40lb, trickflow twisted wedge fully proted and polished along with trickflow intake track heat also port matched & polished, MSD ignition FMS wires, stock distributer new cap, msd blaster coil, timming set 10degree base... Longtube's with off road x pipe. Trick Flow Stage II Cam Specs: 224int/232ExtDuration, .542int/563ExtLift, Cam lift .339/.352, 112lobe. Computer X3Z car will run and start on stock tune idles good. Not responsive at all on throttle sometimes back fires if i get on it hard with stock tune... Any other questions let me know any help is greatly appreciated like I said im NEW at this so take it easy on me.. Oh TPS .998 im sure I still forgot something..

• Sponsors (?)

Well like I replied in the post next to yours... get an aftermarket fuel pump. You just added a bunch of parts that will flow a ton more air but no parts that will flow a corresponding amount of fuel.

I would suggest a 255lph high flow fuel pump. You'll never be able to tune it in without the appropriate hardware necessary to achieve a good a/f ratio.

Adam

Another noobie!

Welcome to Stangnet!
I am the guy that spoke to you on the "other" site.
I didn't even think about the fuel pump before. :nonono:

IF the fuel pump is the problem you should see that the O2 is close until a certain rpm/load. At least that is what I think.

jason

Can you find a way that we can download your tune? See if you can email to me. Chances are, if your banks are reading way different, you have a problem with the .CCF

First read the EEC and save that file and tune off that instead. Also make sure you have the right strategy selected. If not, you will have all kinds of nasty problems.

The first thing I would do is see why you get different readings on the O2's.

Do you think you might have an exhaust leak?

Or maybe a bad O2? You always could switch them for a simple test.

You must know everything mechanical is OK before your start to tune or you're wasting your time.

What is the deal with the back fires?

I can't stress enough the fact you could do some damage here and the first priority is to get some decent Closed Loop drivng conditions. At this point in time, WOT conditions should take a back seat here.

Do you show the K's to be active during idle and if so, what are the values?

Have you set your new cubic inch scalar?

What is your load at idle?

That ought to provide enough info to help the members get started to help you if you answer each question. :D

Grady

Data Loggin Issues NOW???

Well I was wondering if anyone could tell me why when I try to data log it works however all the numbers im getting are all crazy like everything is reading but reading inncorrectly. Any insight would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks
Chris