Twin Turbo Mustang pics

OrangeMustangGt

Founding Member
Mar 7, 2002
Cape Cod, MA
I figured I would post some pics of what I've been up to lately.:)

I dident document a whole build thread because this twin turbo kit was an old kit I had made a few years back and it was allready on here. I had taken it off mainly because I was using the car as a daily driver to work, and the exhaust leaks were getting to me!! I took the kit off, installed a 175 zex kit and longtubes. Now I have a diesel pickup to drive, so the car is back to fun status.

This time I re-fabbed the kit and exhaust and used v-bands. Ecerything is basically the same as before, with the addition of a 50 shot nitrous. It uses a Twin T-3 Chystler 2.3l turbos at ~12 psi with a small front mount intercooler and manual boost controller. I have twin foam air filters in the each fender and a blow through 3" pro-tube MAF, and blow off valve in the right fender. It uses 42lb FMS injectors and for now, a superchip dyno chip from before. I want to send the chip out to Tweecer to have it read.

I relocated the nitrous and purge to the back of the engine bay, and out the cowl area. before I had it dual purge each side of the horse in the grill.

Along with the turbo setup, I installed a cobra front bumper, new steering rack and bushings, new cross drilled rotors and pads, new rear tires, and new 3:55 gears (in place of the 3:27's)

With that said, here are a few pics. Nothing crazy or exotic, just a cheap setup that works great! :D

kyle-010.jpg

TTmustang004.jpg

TTmustang002.jpg

TTmustang003.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

all and all how much do you think it cost to build that setup? if you were to do it again, would you change anything? looks like a stout setup. are you going to dyno it?

haha! thanks guys.

I would say the turbo setup cost under 2k, i built it myself so it was just material. The biggest cost was actually the fuel injectors, maf, and tune!

If I were to have more money i would prefer a single t-70 or like, but these work great.

I know all about headgaskets, when I first put it in, I blew 3 in a month. Then I got smart.....decked heads, ARP studs and felpro MLS gaskets..had it on for about 6 months and never another issue again, and since then nitrous and they are great!

since drake's dad mentioned flamethrowers....
This is a video a LONG time ago when I had first used these turbos, car was still green. I had them remote mounted under the rear seat, muffler area. After that, I went to a front mount setup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXWJY0XgV64

this comment make me laugh every time

2 months ago
haha slow ass single STS V6
slow as ****
ricer ****ing flame kit
kill yourselfa

Badass!! :D:nice:

Been looking into a turbo setup myself, a single 62mm mounted where the battery goes under the hood. Unfortunately mine will be left to a shop to handle, so my cost will be around 3k just for the turbo stuff itself. :( Gotta factor in trans, and rear end too...

Kyle, Drake and I, and now my youngest Tristan, love that video....I remember the first time I watched it years ago.......I freakn love the "throwers"....the reason I mentioned HG' is I know you had blown several in the past, IIRC you had it set up to pull air through the side quarter vents.......that comment was total jealousy, I read the entire scroll and most people loved the vid, too bad the one KIA (know it all) had to share his infinite wisdome...LOL

Great work , and paint the damn engine bay......LOL

:hail2:

yeah I was greenmustanggt....I still have the video of the flame throwers in the dark, but its on my parent's computer

I was debating painting the engine bay, but for some reason, I like the simplicity of just being able to touch it up with the high heat paint.

Anyway, I am just about to take it out for a drive in the next few days. I am just setting up the rear gears now, and It will be done!