Underside picture of LX 5.0 engine bay

FortySix&2

Oct 24, 2001
Madison Wi
Hello all,

At some point in my cars life it had some damage repaired to the front end. I was hoping someone on these forums can help me out.

Does anyone have a picture of their 87-89 LX 5.0 engine bay from the underside? Specifically I am hoping to get a picture of how the LX bumper cover connects to the radiator core support at the bottom. My car looks like it isnt installed like it came from the OEM.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Ha. I would but the car is buried in storage at the moment. There is basically a three inch wide steel piece connection the two. The core support does not look bent and the frame rails are fine. Just wondering if I am missing some bracket and they used some random steel instead.

On the underside of the lower portion of the radiator support the bumper cover is fastened by the four screws that also hold the plastic air deflector on.

Here is the hardware if you don't have it

https://lmr.com/item/HDW-8349A/87-9...MI89LXgv2j3QIVQ1YNCh0FZQTJEAQYAiABEgJOMPD_BwE

Otherwise there are two little brackets that bolt at the top of the cover to the upper radiator support, and a few studs that attach to each fender.

mump.jpg

Ah, I think I see the reason. I do not believe my bumper cover has that second piece of plastic underneath the air deflector. Just those first rows of holes.

That is unfortunately because my buddy did body work a long time ago to put the running horse grill in it.