Updated Restoration Photos - Paint Prep.

My car is in the final phases of prepping for paint. The car was very straight and it has all original panels with the exception of the rear valence (did not like the gt exhaust cutouts) and the tail light panel (previous bondo). I also installed a shelby fiberglass hood and r model front valence.
The car did not have many dings, and the ones that were in the car were accessable and removed with a hammer/dolly.

Right now we are fitting the panels and should have it painted within the next 2-3 weeks. The color choice is mineral grey with black leMans stripes

Check it out:

http://groups.msn.com/Steves65Mustang22Restoration/pictures

• Sponsors (?)

minda03GT said:
My car is in the final phases of prepping for paint. The car was very straight and it has all original panels with the exception of the rear valence (did not like the gt exhaust cutouts) and the tail light panel (previous bondo). I also installed a shelby fiberglass hood and r model front valence.
The car did not have many dings, and the ones that were in the car were accessable and removed with a hammer/dolly.

Right now we are fitting the panels and should have it painted within the next 2-3 weeks. The color choice is mineral grey with black leMans stripes
http://groups.msn.com/Steves65Musta...e your floors not rusted after the cowl leak?

Rust

Edbert said:
Looking good! I love the rims too. So, how were your floors not rusted after the cowl leak?

I'm not sure why the floors held up. There was surface rust on both and a small area (approx. 3" x 6") on the driver's side that I patched due to pinholes. The replacement panel was butt-welded and is in the bend right underneath the pedals. I think that it was wet due to a rotten/missing speedometer cable grommet.

Although this is a California car itsat outside for about 10 years in Va. I bought it because all panels were original and there was no visible rot or major dents. It had the cleanest body of any early unrestored fastback that I have seen.