Roush upgrading to smaller pully..

mattch2

Jan 20, 2003
Niagara Falls
well from what ive been reading over the board for the past few months.. I was wanting to change my pulley to the 65mm chicane one on my series II..Ive heard over and over that you need to upgrade to 42lbs and a 90maf aswell as a svt pump....So today i call joe at chicane to order my ripp kit and we get talkign and i tell him how i want to get teh puley soon but still need the others parts first ..he tell me i will not need the injects or the maf..stock is fine..he said aslong as i have a safe tune i will be fine if i was planning on running like 380 to the wheels yes but it will only be prolly 335 so he says its not a biggy.....just curious what you gusy think..is it in the tune or do i really need those other parts???????

• Sponsors (?)

mattch2 said:
well from what ive been reading over the board for the past few months.. I was wanting to change my pulley to the 65mm chicane one on my series II..Ive heard over and over that you need to upgrade to 42lbs and a 90maf aswell as a svt pump....So today i call joe at chicane to order my ripp kit and we get talkign and i tell him how i want to get teh puley soon but still need the others parts first ..he tell me i will not need the injects or the maf..stock is fine..he said aslong as i have a safe tune i will be fine if i was planning on running like 380 to the wheels yes but it will only be prolly 335 so he says its not a biggy.....just curious what you gusy think..is it in the tune or do i really need those other parts???????

As long as you are not hoping for more than what Joe told you you would get, you can get away with a pulley ans RIPP kit.

If you really want all you can get out of that blower without porting it, you will defi. want a tune after you go bigger injectors and MAF. At that point your powerflash becomes more junk then it alreday is. Dont worry, I have one too.

I wouldnt risk ruining my sc on listening to joe I would just do what has proven to work...Have a buddy who just got it tuned and two later blew the motor....Just go the safe way and get the extra stuff...

OK.

Here it goes. If anyone is working with the Serires II blower and wants more power it's ALWAYS best to have your new combo re-tuned. Actually, it does not matter which blower, it's always best to re-tune ( even with only a pulley swap ). Life sucks like that and **** happens.

Here is the # one prob with the series I and II Saleen blower. Anyone who owns an S281 supercharged looking into increasing the amount of power they have will almost never be satisfied.

With all of that said, even if you upgrade your blower you will need to re-tune anyway. Add up everything, pulley, new fuel pump, MAF and injectors.
Total that amount. Sometimes it's better to go buy a new blower setup. I think the Seies IV is on sale at Saleen right now. U will still need a pump and MAF.

Everyone drives their cars differently. Some just cruise and some mash the throttle at every light. Once you make any changes to the blower/motor set up you exceed what Saleen intended with the "fisher-price powerflash".