upr x pipe

MRE 700

Aug 18, 2005
I was told by a sales rep at upr that their x pipes are not stainless steel, but they are aluminized and will never rust. Is this true that they will never rust even though they aren't stainless?

• Sponsors (?)

im not speakng from experience with the upr, but "never rust" and "aluminum" dont go together very well. even products like mac, who coats their pro-chamber and cat-back to prevent rust, eventally rusts. im not saying the upr will rust, ive heard a lot of good things about it, but my hometown is in PA so getting stainless steel was important to me. i just think that over time, any coating will wear off and then the aluminum will start to rust.

just try to find somebody with a upr x-pipe in their sig, and send them a PM. ask them about any rusting issues

BennyDaBall said:
I've had mine on since March and its still brand new looking! It does leak a little, but I'm going to try the Napa stud thing on the drivers side instead of the included little cone do-hicky.

Hey, what's the Napa stud thing? I've got the UPR X-pipe leak, and was planning on pulling it off tonight, and just putting some high temp sealant on each joint with a new gasket, but if there's a better fix... ???

BTW, I've had mine for a month or two, so couldn't tell you about rust, but I'm sure it will eventually... paints and coatings will eventually chip or wear off and rust, especially on something UNDER your car that gets really hot, then cool, then hot.......

upr x-pipe

I had the upr x-pipe w/out cats, on for a couple of months and took it off because it leaked and it sounded like crap. It was way to raspy and sounded like a damn civic!! :notnice: If i were you i would spend the extra money and get bassani!! Much Better!!! :D

i have the upr off road x, no leak and i love the sound of mine. sounded like crap with the dynomax bullet mufflers i had, but i took them off and put on spintech pro streets and now it sounds awesome. i love it. would never get rid of it now.

Oh yeah, for the price and power you can't beat $139 brand new. Mine sounds awesome with my Flowmasters. I get compliments all the time, especially my co-workers. They love to hear me pull up and leave. I was in traffic yesterday :bang: and a guy pulled up besides me and told me my car sounded real nice. He told me to horse it up a little bit :D . I happily obliged right under an overpass :drool:
I'm thinking about getting the Mac catback with it though... :nice:

lover said:
Oh yeah, for the price and power you can't beat $139 brand new. Mine sounds awesome with my Flowmasters. I get compliments all the time, especially my co-workers. They love to hear me pull up and leave. I was in traffic yesterday :bang: and a guy pulled up besides me and told me my car sounded real nice. He told me to horse it up a little bit :D . I happily obliged right under an overpass :drool:
I'm thinking about getting the Mac catback with it though... :nice:

where can you get it for 139?