V-8 X-pipe fit on my V6???

93deznutsblown

Jun 30, 2004
Will it bolt up to my stock 3.8L..

Its a 2.5 with no cats made to bolt on to shorty headers...

Or if that is to big will a stock v8 exhaust fit??

my car is a 95... Any help????

What are my options if that wont work to run true duals???

• Sponsors (?)

That's because V6s don't need X-pipes since they have an even firing order. There's no benefit to any kind of cross pipe because they can't use it to improve cylinder scavanging. Some people put crossover pipes on V6s just to improve the sound, but there's debate as to whether that really works either. Putting a dual cat-back at the end of your Y-pipe effectively does the same thing for a V6.

That's because V6s don't need X-pipes since they have an even firing order. There's no benefit to any kind of cross pipe because they can't use it to improve cylinder scavanging. Some people put crossover pipes on V6s just to improve the sound, but there's debate as to whether that really works either. Putting a dual cat-back at the end of your Y-pipe effectively does the same thing for a V6.

It didnt have to be an X or H pipe persay....I was just wanting to cheat the system and run true duals but with something that fits a V8 normally.

Can anyone tell me if it fits before I just try it???

I am this summer going to run a 302 in the car anyway. I just have some extra flows laying around and I only want to buy one off road pipe...The car is for my son so for insurance purposes it works great for me...Change a rear-end, build an AOD and replum some fuel issues. And bam...:D