'Vert top maintenance.

Huney

Apr 1, 2005
03 rag top V6 in excellent condition and like to keep it that way. I had a 96 rag top and it still had the original top nine years old in great condition. Keeping it in our garage plays a major role in keeping the top in good condidtion, but during the day it sits in the sun sometimes and being black it gets hot.

All I do is use whatever car wash I'm using and gently wash it with a soft bath towel then rinse it off real good. I thought about using Armor All on it but that seems to sticky and a vinly protectant would probably work but wanted to check with you other rag toppers and find out what you do to keep your tops nice. A guy at the car wash told me to use the spot free rinse on the top and that helps protect it.

I read about Ragg Topp and Vinyl-X and looks like they do a good job. Comments & suggestions appreciated. Huney.

• Sponsors (?)

Huney said:
03 rag top V6 in excellent condition and like to keep it that way. I had a 96 rag top and it still had the original top nine years old in great condition. Keeping it in our garage plays a major role in keeping the top in good condidtion, but during the day it sits in the sun sometimes and being black it gets hot.

All I do is use whatever car wash I'm using and gently wash it with a soft bath towel then rinse it off real good. I thought about using Armor All on it but that seems to sticky and a vinly protectant would probably work but wanted to check with you other rag toppers and find out what you do to keep your tops nice. A guy at the car wash told me to use the spot free rinse on the top and that helps protect it.

I read about Ragg Topp and Vinyl-X and looks like they do a good job. Comments & suggestions appreciated. Huney.

I treat mine twice a year with the proper treatment for the material of the top. It is mint. People that do NOT use the treatment will see a big change in a few years.

Huney said:

I use vinyl x and it seems to do a good job..

Huney said:
I read about Ragg Topp

I had my top replaced a few months ago. The maker is Electron Top. I called them and spoke with them since they are the ones that own the warranty. I asked what they recommended since they make the top. They only recommend Ragg Topp. I do like this product. I use a bristle brush for the cleaner and apply the protectant by spraying it on a clean towel and wiping the top with the towel.

It makes a huge difference. I am hoping the UV protection is better than what ACC puts in their carpets.