WANT:1967-1970 Shelby GT 500 restoration vehicle

leebrijp

Oct 22, 2003
I am looking for a shelby gt 500 b/w the years of 1967-1970 restoration vehicle. I dont care even if its a rusty piece of junk. I have a budget of around 5 grand to spend for the car. I have a 1968 ford mustang coupe that is white and has an inline 6 in it that is 200 cubic inch differential that is in good condition that i am willing to trade to increase the trade value along wit money to get a nice decent shelby but i prefer not to trade this because i would need a vehicle to transport while i restore the shelby. If you have such a car you can contact me by email at [email protected] or [email protected] or by phone (704)545-1182 and ask for jp. If you have this vehicle i would be glad to take it off your hands. I WOULD PREFER A 1967 BUT ANY YEAR IS FINE. THANKS JP

• Sponsors (?)

haha, a 5k budget is barely gonna get you a decent fastback. i found mine for about that price, but it was a 200ci 3spd, grey thing with red velvet interior...

you wont even come close to a shelby with 5k

I had the old cliche happen to me the other day. Was driving south of Austin through a little town called "Mustang Ridge" (I shat you not, ask anyone from around here) with a buddy joking about finding an old Shelby behind some barn when we actually saw one on a trailer behind a trailerhome. It was a 68 350 hard top. Body was rough, no rust but no paint left either. Interior was coated with dust but complete. Engine did not look like it had run in years. Backseat was filled with a large box of parts, some original some NOS. Owner came out and asked if we wanted to buy it. He wanted...

...$2,500.00 for the whole thing!

Actrually this was not "the other day" unless you call 1984 the other day. At the time I was driving my $200.00 '67 coupe and the $2,500 might as well have been $25,000. Oh well, it IS a true story.

I guess thats what Happens when TNT plays gone in 60 seconds for two night in a row.

Lee - Do you know what an actual 67-70 gt500 looks like? The body styles vary from those years. Your best bet would to buy a 67 fastback and then make it a gt500/gt350/eleanor (take your pic) Clone. OR, do what some of us do "restomod" it.

GP - Not many people know about the new classifieds FORUM on stang net. Sure beats the old style they had!

D.Hearne said:
YOU DIDN'T KNOW THERE WERE CLASSIFIEDS HERE? WHERE YOU BEEN ? i JUST BOUGHT A 65 SHELBY THERE FOR $100!!! SEE WHAT YOU'VE BEEN MISSING :D :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

DOH!!!!

David, you coming up to OK to the FE Nats in the spring?

If you still have that $600 390, I might very possibly be interested to put it into my '76 F-250 instead of rebuilding the 390 I have. It'd get it back on the road sooner anyway.

Larry

leebrijp said:
I am looking for a shelby gt 500 b/w the years of 1967-1970 restoration vehicle. I dont care even if its a rusty piece of junk. I have a budget of around 5 grand to spend for the car. I have a 1968 ford mustang coupe that is white and has an inline 6 in it that is 200 cubic inch differential that is in good condition that i am willing to trade to increase the trade value along wit money to get a nice decent shelby but i prefer not to trade this because i would need a vehicle to transport while i restore the shelby. If you have such a car you can contact me by email at [email protected] or [email protected] or by phone (704)545-1182 and ask for jp. If you have this vehicle i would be glad to take it off your hands. I WOULD PREFER A 1967 BUT ANY YEAR IS FINE. THANKS JP

Please tell us where you got the idea of getting a gt 500.

I have 2 67 GT500's that might be for sale in your price range... the first one is blue with white Lemans stripes and black interior, with an automatic.. the other one is also a 500, grey with black stripes (elanor style).. I would accept reasonable offers on either..

the blue one is 1/18 scale while the grey one is 1/64

:D :banana: :D :banana: