Want To Build A 347 In Phases But...

Ok I own a 91 GT and planning on build a 347 out of it but it is going to take forever to get the funds to put a complete 347 long block in there. So what I am thinking is doing the top end first H/C/I first and then put a 347 shortblock in a year later. The H/C/I combo I am thinking is a Elderbrock RPM Performer 2, AFR 205 heads, Comp Cams stage 2 cam, a 70mm throttle body, a 76 mm air mass meter, and 30pd injectors. The Big question does anyone foresee a problem with my top end combo, on a my stock 302 shortblock, until I get that 347 shortblock?

• Sponsors (?)

dont spend a dime. wait till you have the cash. there are a lot of cars with mismatched top end combos that were meant for stroker blocks that never appeared. your list looks good but I wouldnt go with anything smaller than an 80mm maf/tb.

I've heard alot of guys on this site say that you cannot run the 185's on stock pistons because of PTV clearance. The 185's have a 2.02 valve and the 205's have a 2.08 valve.

Joe

Save your money till you can afford to do the 347... anything you buy for the 347 isnt going to help you current 302, infact it may turn it into a gutless turd.