Water Leak

• Sponsors (?)

Seems like I have the same leak!!! A lil different tho, yea there was water on the pass. floor, but when my wife and I drove away, water started pi$$ing out onto her right foot.......from under the glove compartment. I thought it was heater core, but the water was cold. Musta have collected sumwhere up there as well! So, you guys think I should take the ole girl to the dealer? I've tried dealing with the dealer and TSB's b4, and they're total pricks (01' Grand Cherokee). wadaya guys think? TIA

If it's still under warranty and your dealer gives you problems resolving the issue, then take it to another dealer(assuming one is relatively close).

One possible cause of the water leakage are the two black rubber grommets(for lack of a better term) that are inserted into the bottom of the firewall just outside of the left and right sides of the engine. They normally drain water that collects within the firewall. However, they can collect debris that blocks them, and then rain water can collect inside the firewall, and eventually spill over into the passenger compartment.
You can check them relatively easy by squeezing the upper part to remove them, flush with a hose to clean out any debris, and replace.

I will check that out today, and yea, rains a lot here. Hopefully snow soon! Doesn't really matter tho, because after all the beautiful snow drops, rain happens 4 hrs after becoming a big bloddy mess lol