ways to tell you stock clutch is going?

• Sponsors (?)

You will know when it is slipping.Your rpms will go up without the car pulling.Wait a minute, I think mine ALWAYS does that. :nonono:
Are you riding the clutch a lot?Can you smell it burning?I have 40k+ on my stock clutch and I do not baby it.Of course, I don't let anyone else drive it either, so that could be the secret to long clutch life. :shrug:

GTvert01 said:
You will know when it is slipping.Your rpms will go up without the car pulling.Wait a minute, I think mine ALWAYS does that. :nonono:
Are you riding the clutch a lot?Can you smell it burning?I have 40k+ on my stock clutch and I do not baby it.Of course, I don't let anyone else drive it either, so that could be the secret to long clutch life. :shrug:

i NEVER ride the clutch, and i havent smelt it burning in quite a while (maybe only twice in the car's life). i dont really baby the clutch, but i dont relly race a lot. but i do tend to kinda shift at high rpms somtimes (4k or so) and i have a tendancy of slamming the clutch pedal when i shift, unless im driving like an old man. the only time my rpms go up w/o moving is when im shifting. somtimes the rpms will raise before it catches. i dont know if its the clutch, or if im just becoming lax in my driving habits :shrug: thanks for the info

57k miles on my clutch and I learned to drive on it. It's not slipping but I'm getting it replaced today since -something- in the clutch area makes a HORRIBLE noise that no one seems to know what it is.

I drive my car hard as crap too.