Engine Weird noise when pounding the gas.

Hey stangnet first time posting on the forum.
I got a question for y'all
I have a 90 mustang 5.0 that is Automatic which is my daily. I don't really have any mods but aftermarket mufflers (flow master) and a little CAI. When ever I am driving in the street and it hits 3 gear a scraping or grinding noise until I gun down the gas a bit. This noise also happens when I straight gun it. It sounds as if something is loose. Has anybody ever heard of this problem. Any help or comments are welcome.

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome!
So this is a car you have had for a while, and this is a new sound that just started?
It only happens as you go into 3rd gear?
After you are already in 3rd, does it continue, or is it just a noisy shift?
What do you mean "until I gun down the gas a bit"?
Will the car go into OD? Any noises going into OD?

Assuming that the noise is only in 3rd gear, then I would look at the tranny.
If you could get the same noise in other gears, you might luck out and have a loose exhaust hanger or something else simple.
However, 3rd gear only noise means 3rd gear issue in the tranny.

It doesn't only does this in 3rd gear. Sorry. It has had this problem since I got the car.i do get noise in other gears as well. It does go into OD and no noises going into OD. Nothing is scraping on the ground. But something is grinding or scrapping under the car while it runs.

Get a nice flat parking spot. Put the care up on jack stands. Run the car and get someone to help you identify the sound while the care is running. Remember to completely stop the wheels by aplying brakes before transitioning from forward gears to reverse or any gear and park.

I can almost guarantee something is dragging against your tailshaft. Hence why the car doesn't make this noise moving, or in neutral. What I would do, put blocks infront and behind the front tires, lift the rear on jackstands, put the car in drive and see if you can hear it then. If you can, you can leave the car in neutral, freehand your rear tire and see if you can here the noise and designate it. As stated before, make sure your on level ground. Sounds like your heat shield is loose IMO. I believe I removed mine.