Well i got a BS Ticket need advice

deftsound

Please ask me how much my supercharger cost
Apr 6, 2004
Texas City TX
Well the other day on the way to my girlfriends house i pulled up to this black truck. When the light turned green he peeled out and I guess he thought we were racing but honestly I had no idea. I admit i did accelerate quickly mostly because i was in a bad mood but i was not racing this guy i mean for gods sake it was a black f150. I didnt peel out or anything and i never went over the speed limit.

Well the cop pulls me over and tells me i was racing. Seeing as how i had just got done drinking a couple beers, i know i wouldnt have failed a breathalizer but I decided it would be best just to shut my mouth and bite the bullet. So i did and I got a ticket for "racing". On the ticket all it says is racing.

My question is what should i do. I obviously was not racing this guy and i never went over the speed limit so i think this is a little ridiculous.

• Sponsors (?)

1) Don't drink and drive

2) Don't accelerate quickly in a mustang when you have been drinking and driving.

3) Take advantage of your legal rights and go to court for the ticket. DO NOT PLEAD GUILTY....do not just pay the ticket. If you fight it, its your word against the cop...but I'd think the court would have to involve the other driver also. It might even be worth consulting a lawyer.

Did they ticket the other driver? How much do you think your insurance will go up with a "racing" ticket.

i wouldnt complain.. u got out of a dui, you should be happy that its all u got even if u werent racing. pay the ticket and call it a day. now if u werent drinking than u wouldve said something to the cop and been ok. trust me.. he would of given u a warning at most. well that didnt happen cause of something 10x worse of a penalty.

Did the cop know you were drinking. See, if not....my thing is, now is a good time to argue about it. There's no evidence you had any alcohol that night now. And from my experience, you get the same penalty for tickets and crimes whether you are friendly and cooperative or fight for your rights (in a mature manner that is).

i guess it depends on your local racing punishment...i've heard in some areas of Cali the fines are huge...like 5,000 dollars huge. I would definately try to bargain down to like a seat belt ticket or something.

you did the right thing not to argue with a cop, they hear every excuse
and lie known to mankind and even if you only had 1 beer they might sense it.
You need to hire a ticket lawyer and stick with the same story........
just cause the F-150 did a burn out next to you is......:bs:
just dont let it go on your record.

streethorse said:
you did the right thing not to argue with a cop, they hear every excuse
and lie known to mankind and even if you only had 1 beer they might sense it.
You need to hire a ticket lawyer and stick with the same story........
just cause the F-150 did a burn out next to you is......:bs:
just dont let it go on your record.

X2

No offense to you deft....but just cuz someone thinks they would pass the test doesn't mean they actually would. The way you feel and your BAC on those tests are rarely related.

i agree, thats why i didnt argue, no the cop had no idea i had had a 'couple' of beers. Let me reinstate that i was not drunk just playing it smart. I dont think its fair that i got this ticket so i think im going to try to explain to the judge what happened. I am in the corps at a&m so if i wear my uniform I think maybe i can get some sympathy out of the judge.

And no she did not pull over the other driver just me.

Sounds like what happened to me, i had just left work at midnight when I made a right hand turn as the light turned yellow, accelerated normally to 35mph (speed limit was 40) and I see lights behind me. So I pull over and get a ticket for ''exhibition of speed'' I was doing 5 UNDER the freakin speed limit! dumbass cop even put me in handcuffs to show how ''serious'' he was...anyway ended up paying $300 in fines...stupid ghey phoenix

One thing to mention to the judge is why would an F150 be able to out run a Mustang, even a stock one? If the cop thought you were really racing, the truck should have been in last palce, thus being the one pulled over. This logic worked for me when on two wheels. The faster but smaller bike was in front (me) and the judge agreed that in a 350 vs a 650 race, the 650 should be leading. Good luck...

I know in a few areas the speed limit has nothing to do with racing niether does who is in front.
Get a GOOD lawyer a drag racing ticket will have your insurance through the roof for many years if you can even get it.

Court appointed attorney, if you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed to you.

Besides, spend a little time doing some legal research, let the lawyer handle the paperwork. File some motions to discover the evidence, etc....they'll get tired of it and just drop it probably.

The fines will probably be about the same as the lawyer's fee anyway.
Just like if you take a defensive driving course to cancel a speeding ticket,
it ends up costing the same short term, but if it gets on your record it
will keep costing $ for the long term.
These ticket lawyers work cheap from what Ive seen.