Well I'm pretty much F@#ked!!

Maija1

Nov 11, 2005
I just got my Magnaflow Dual Exhaust system in, and I tried to get it installed but the mechanic says that it's the "wrong system" for my car. He showed me why it won't mount, but I'm just in shock right now. I'm looking at a $458 dollar loss. I have a 2006 Pony package V6, so does anyone know if this system will work on this car. I read the Sticky on Duals, but I don't think that anyone actually was trying to get them put on a Pony Package equipped car. Any thoughts? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know, it doesn't make sense to me. The driver's side pipe fits with no problem, but the passenger side is a no-go. Which is more confusing because the stock system mounts to the passenger side. I know alot of V6 guys are running dual system setups, but I don't know how many of them have the "pony package". Thanks for replying man. I appreciate any input I can get.

Maija1 said:
I don't know, it doesn't make sense to me. The driver's side pipe fits with no problem, but the passenger side is a no-go. Which is more confusing because the stock system mounts to the passenger side. I know alot of V6 guys are running dual system setups, but I don't know how many of them have the "pony package". Thanks for replying man. I appreciate any input I can get.

Take it to another shop, I went through two shops til I found a guy that knew custom setups.

While I agree that the kit can be made to fit with reasonable effort, I disagree that the Pony Package is just an appearance package. One of the benefits of the package is a thicker sway bar in the front and the addition of a sway bar in the back. It is probably this rear sway bar that is casuing the "hiccup." However, as Rygen said, take it somewhere that is going to say, "We can make this work."

Maija1 said:
No worries guys, I went to a shop that my performance shop recommended and the install went smoothly. Thanks for the advice.

Did they have to modify the exhaust at all? I have sway bars and was thinking of getting this exhaust.

I'm going to post a more in depth thread about the install/with pics, but I've been working 14 hours a day for the last week. I just haven't had the time. But it's coming..

I got the true dual magnaflow exhaust system on my 05 all they had to do was cut a hole in rear bumper and weld GT exhaust hangers on driver side so the mufflers would go on and that was it to get mine on