Went to the Dyno today

Mike00GT

Founding Member
Apr 25, 2001
Stoughton, MA
Mods are in the sig, what do you guys think?

My best run was 251 rwhp and 292 rwtq.
my second best was 250 rwhp and 290 rwtq.

I have pics of the graph, and a video, but have nowhere good to host them from.

f6a241e2.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Mike00GT said:
Mods are in the sig, what do you guys think?

My best run was 251 rwhp and 292 rwtq.
my second best was 250 rwhp and 290 rwtq.

I have pics of the graph, and a video, but have nowhere good to host them from.

f6a241e2.jpg
i have a little more hp but a bunch less tq
i can probably host it once i get home... how big is the video?

I'm always amused by how most every 2V dyno plot I've seen, including my own car's, show power peaking in the high 4000s instead of in the 5250 range where Ford specified it.

Anyone have any reasons why this is so?

Nice #s BTW Mike :D

honestly I have no clue how dynos work for altitude, the only thing I know for sure is that comparing 2 dynos, you need to run the same dyno on the same day...

I was just trying to figure out the mods things, since hes got the rest of the stuff I want, but yet we're fairly the same

OH and I'd like to see your air/fuel curve.... I think a tuner would help me out on mine, wanted to see if yours is similar

250 rwhp is pretty good for these mods. Your stock horsepower was probably around 218 rwhp. That means you added 32 rwhp with: Bassani O/R X Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Accufab 75mm Throttle Body, C&L Intake Plenum, and K & N Filter. Not too shabby.

trinity_gt said:
I'm always amused by how most every 2V dyno plot I've seen, including my own car's, show power peaking in the high 4000s instead of in the 5250 range where Ford specified it.

When I had a JMS Chip, Mac Prochamber, pullies, and a K&N air filter (stock airbox) as my only power mods I made 253 rwhp @ 5,300 rpm and 291 rwtq @ 4,100 rpm. (SAE)

01mgvert said:
250 rwhp is pretty good for these mods. Your stock horsepower was probably around 218 rwhp. That means you added 32 rwhp with: Bassani O/R X Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Accufab 75mm Throttle Body, C&L Intake Plenum, and K & N Filter. Not too shabby.

Just wondering, where the hell I got my power from? I'll assume the X pipe and MM's are similar enough to my Catted Rpo and Flows to negate, I have a K&N too, so youre going to tell my the CDC kit and the Pulleys make the same power as the TB and Plenum? Not flaming or anything but I just realized this myself, I'm getting the same TB and Plenum hes got, not sure when, but if I get them this year I'll try to get on the Dyno again...

I hate trying to figure this stuff out, I know how to install the parts, but the whole HP game screws with my brain :p