Were can i pick up a intercooler???

Street-Racer

Jun 11, 2007
well im getting a motor friday and since im hitting the junkyard for the motor i figure i might as well find an intercooler since stinger wants freakin 550bucks for one!!!! so i come to you guys for help what can i grab a intercooler off?

• Sponsors (?)

If you know how to do some custom work with piping you could mak almost any intercooler work. I have a vertical tube IC that is in great condition. It can handle 550 hp. These are more efficient than your average IC.

300 obo

IntercoolerHighflow_1.jpg

Attachments

• IntercoolerHighflow_1.jpg
    IntercoolerHighflow_1.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 57
Yeah, that $550 includes all the piping for a near bolt-in.

However, there's nothing wrong with saving some coin and doing it yourself. EBay has some nice Bar and Plate I/C's for the $130 range (+/- depending on size), these are just as good as any of the other's I've seen. The Volvo I/C is a very popular item, but that's about all I can think of from a junk yard. Some Audi's might have come with I/C's but I don't know for sure. Hit up the import section, that's your best bet, you might even find a nice blow off valve from a DSM or an external waste gate from an Audi.

Good to see the uninformed complaining about the pricing on my complete kit when I'm the first company to offer an intercooler kit for turbofords for less than a grand...I swear people would still complain if it was 125 bux even if I drove to their house and installed it myself, then threw in an exhaust kit for good measure. Give me a break dude. If you want to do your own kit, have at it. You don't need to complain about my products to get an answer though. The only ones who complain are the tire-kickers who beg me for info and then don't buy anything anyway.

There's another point to be made here. Stinger's web site has a TON of information about doing the swap. He has definitively contributed to the 2.3 turbo development, and there's something to be said about that.

You spent $1600 on a Sony X-plode sound system and $550 is too much for a bolt in I/C kit?

Hey Stinger, how about a I/C kit for a Mustang II :). I'm getting a second one on Sunday, T-Tops and all. Can't wait to get your header on this new motor!