What a way to start my college career...

Dusstbuster

I love meat more than anything! I just have a spec
May 31, 2004
Moorhead, Minnesota
On my way to school today, first day of my college life, I get off the interstate and am stuck in kinda stop and go traffic that goes over some train station crap, kinda by the airport, lots of cows and pigs and crap around the area. I notice a funky smell and write it off as one of the above listed things. I pull into the campus and am on the opposite side of the campus from where my parking spot is when I realize it smells electical/plasticy and that it's still there and stronger. Just as I figure out it's my car, smoke starts filling the passenger compartment and the hood starts pouring smoke too. I quickly pulled into a lot and popped the hood to see smoke billowing out from my damn radiator fan. Stupid POS took a **** on my on my first day with 10 minutes MAX before class started and me being about 3 blocks from the building I needed to be in. Long story slightly shorter I dumped the rest of my mountain dew on it in hopes that it wouldn't start on fire, unplugged the fan, and ran to class.

Came back and it was still there so my dad came and drove behind me while I lugged the damn car to work and now here I sit finding out that Ford is gay and doesn't sell just a fan motor, but a whole damn assembly that I was quoted at 350ish for. 350 for a fricking POS plastic radiator fan...WTF!!!! SO yeah, thats how my first day of the school year started. And I have another class at 4.

• Sponsors (?)

Will a v6 fan assembly fit? $126

radiator fan shroud

F160923.JPG

Check your local junkyards for a used one. Can easily test it by hooking up a battery or something I'd bet.

Sounds like a pretty crappy way to start...just think...its college....it only gets worse!

Thanks for the replies guys. Unfortunatly for me, nobody seems to carry mustang radiator fan motors in stock so no matter where I go, it'll be a wait. I think i'm going to order one from checker auto since I get a 10% discount on it through work...Also I would stop by a junkyard to get one but the only junkyard around here with cars usually NEVER has mustangs, and i'm also not a fan of buying used. At least when I buy new I can expect it to work for quite some time, and if for some reason it fails, I can yell at someone and get it replaced.

Yeah but textbooks give me something worth money (an education). A broken fan gives me nothing but a headache and a lighter wallet.
Thinking back on it I kinda laugh now...My two main concerns were a) car wouldn't light on fire being as my laptop/amp/subs would have been burnt + that much of my time/money invested into the thing all would have been for nothing and b) that nobody would see me, especially any girls lol. Pretty sure my corner of the class smelled like a combination of rubber/plastic/electical smoke combined with tommy lol

Dusstbuster said:
Yeah but textbooks give me something worth money (an education). A broken fan gives me nothing but a headache and a lighter wallet.
Thinking back on it I kinda laugh now...My two main concerns were a) car wouldn't light on fire being as my laptop/amp/subs would have been burnt + that much of my time/money invested into the thing all would have been for nothing and b) that nobody would see me, especially any girls lol. Pretty sure my corner of the class smelled like a combination of rubber/plastic/electical smoke combined with tommy lol

:lol: that sounds like a smell that would make people :puke:

So is this your freshman year of college? Here's a tip for you - buy your textbooks on Half.com. At my school, we can buy our books online from the school bookstore, so I check the listings for my classes, then go on Half and usually find the books for half price :nice: Then I sell them to the lower classmen for more than I paid :owned:

I hear you about the car though man... I haven't been able to do any mods yet, just fixing crap that keeps breaking and I've had it for 3 years now :bang:

stangGT97 said:
:lol: that sounds like a smell that would make people :puke:

So is this your freshman year of college? Here's a tip for you - buy your textbooks on Half.com. At my school, we can buy our books online from the school bookstore, so I check the listings for my classes, then go on Half and usually find the books for half price :nice: Then I sell them to the lower classmen for more than I paid :owned:

I hear you about the car though man... I haven't been able to do any mods yet, just fixing crap that keeps breaking and I've had it for 3 years now :bang:
Yeah it's my freshman year, computer engineering degree. I'll have to check half.com out, ive already bought my books for this semester so next semester i'll compare prices.

Dusstbuster said:
Yeah it's my freshman year, computer engineering degree. I'll have to check half.com out, ive already bought my books for this semester so next semester i'll compare prices.
Computer engineering, eh? Chemical engineering here. good luck to you... it'll be difficult but will be worth your trouble in the end :nice: