What Do Yall Think

coupe67

Jun 9, 2007
South Texas
What do yall think? i paid $1300. It is a 1967 mustang coupe. I have to replace the driver door, trunk lid, and rear valance panel. The white you see is the original paint. The person i bought it froms brother in law took it into the garage and spray painted it primer grey and put primer red flames.

stang1xf0.th.jpg

stang2yj2.th.jpg

stang11nl9.th.jpg

stang12jr7.th.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I say cool that you now have a mustang.
Good luck fixing her up.
I am in the middle of restoring my 67 coupe.
However, isn't that a 1968 mustang?
It has the rear reflector, and side running lights up front.

The 67/68 are the same car with cosmetic differences. The only thing I can think of that a 68 has that a 67 doesn't is the collapsable steering column instead of the, as others here have called it, "the spear-o-matic" steering column. People tend to "upgrade" to the safer 68 column if they get a 67. The thing I like about the 67 is the deluxe interior. IMO its way sweeter then the 68. If you are restoring it, you can put what ever you want into it.

looks like you got lied to

In a good way. Although they are the same shell, there were safety upgrades (including the spear-o-matic) to the 68, and I think the badging and seat design is somewhat cleaner looking than the 67. And the hood turn signals (which some 67's had too) are pretty cool.

That and I had an ex that drove a 67 :(. I drive a 68.