What do you pay for Insurance?

Im almost 20, had a ticket and one wreck. My 88 has a ton of miles on it and is getting pretty tired. Looking at buying a 99-04 GT. Something cheap around the 10k range nothing fancy just a decent car to drive everyday. I was just wondering how much do you think i would be looking at for insurance? I check Geico and it was about 1200 every 6 months. Anybody know any cheaper insurance companys? I really want to buy a newer car, but want to have alittle cash left over to fix my 88 up.

• Sponsors (?)

I pay about $1300/year for both of my cars combined at Liberty Mutual (two drivers on one of the cars). I'm 20 and have had no wrecks that are my fault.

As for tickets, I've had many.

1) Minor in possession of alcohol
2) Speeding, 25 over in a 45mph zone
3) Unsafe lane change
4) Speeding, 22 over in a 70mph zone
5) Speeding, 19 over in a 65mph zone
6) Speeding, 16 over in a 65mph zone
7) Disorderly conduct, obscene gesture

I'm hoping that my next ticket will be 13mph over. ;) Gotta keep that pattern going! Eventually it'll die off to 1mph over!

And my car's a 98 GT Convertible.

ouch $1800 a year? what's your deductible? do you live in an area where lots of cars get stolen

did you add a lot of CHROME on your car? lol.

$500 deductable.

I live in MA which has terrible insurance rates since the state sets the rates and doesn't allow the insurance companies to compete. What I pay is actually cheap lol :nonono:

Actually, if i were to move a little further away from Boston, my rate would drop a good chunk

$500 deductable.

I live in MA which has terrible insurance rates since the state sets the rates and doesn't allow the insurance companies to compete. What I pay is actually cheap lol :nonono:

Actually, if i were to move a little further away from Boston, my rate would drop a good chunk

does insuring chrome spinners hike that rate up? :)

that sucks that the state sets the rates. what kind of a market economy is that? you should threaten your congressman or woman that it's not fair to have a monopoly :nonono:

30 Male. I think I have one ticket on record.. 88 in a 65.

90.88 a month for a 02 GT Vert with State Farm

The funny thing is I was paying over 120+ a month for a 2003 4 door Nissan Sentra. So a V8 2 door Vert is cheaper than a 4 door 4 banger.....lol