What do you think of this targa top conversion

• Sponsors (?)

dont really care about weight gain, the stuffs still fiberglass, the top will be carbon fiber, Ive just always loved targa tops and could have them with a mustang, id like to see a pic with one on an sn95, how much u think the weight gain would be, my guess is less than 100, if so then I dont care. Im gonna get a dss sometime down the road to make up for it, im not really a hardcore racer anyway, its a daily driver

From the picture on their website, it looks like it would be pretty cool. It'd be nice to see some different angles/closer shots, though. I like those tops on the 'vettes, but it's hard to say for our cars without seeing it up close and personal. If I wasn't trying to save up for a motor at the moment, I might consider something like this. It's different, anyway.

As far as the integrity of the unibody, I'd probably at least install subframe connectors before I cut the roof off. (I see they are listed as optional with the targa kit.) Of course, I'm not an engineer or anything...

Joe

i dont think it looks right, it looks like our car would be hacked up imo, i think our frotn and rear windshild are too long maybe, idk just dont look right. maybe im just not used to seeing a hole in a mustang? i could never cut my car like that, i dont have it in me

You'd drop $1200 down on that kit and then what are you gonna do? I'm not doubting your skill quality by no means, but are you really going to cut apart your roof and install this kit? I work at a bodyshop and I dont think I would even do it myself. I can't imagine what a custom shop would charge for installing something like this. I'm sure the people that developed this kit went through a lot of trouble making it. They probabaly have been doing things like this for a while or have some kind of experience, but just because they give you what they usd to do it doesn't necessarily mean you might acheive the same result the first time. And if you make a mistake, then what? I'd find someone who could do the install first, then go about ordering the kit maybee. Good luck if you go through with it.

Ted