What is a good asking price?

SVTdriver

Founding Member
Sep 2, 2001
Seattle Wa
This is NOT a for sale thread.

I have a 66 c code fastback. Has some rust in the floors. Minor electrical gremlins (Though all new wiring throughout). Too many layers of paint (4 at least). Body panels have not been properly aligned since last repair.
These are the majority of the problems. While I never thought I would sell it. I think the bigger crime would be letting it rust for another year. I have 2 people interested in it. One has an offer of $3500. The other says that is too low. He wants the car. But says it is worth more money. So my question is. What is a good asking price?

• Sponsors (?)

Besides the gremlins and such, what are the full specs on the car?

Tranny, Mods, interior condition, options?

What does the door tag say?

Options can mean a lot even for a poorly maintained car.

Rate the car on a scale of 1 to 10.

It's not in too bad shape. The carpet is faded. The seats are worn. The headliner is torn. But it's all there. It's currently an auto trans. But was originally a manual. No mods all original just old original. Don't think it had any options. I'd realisticly cosmetically rate it a 7. But of course I like the car so to me it's a 10. :p

According to NADA, this car is worth 7200 on the low end if running and in reasonable shape.

Fastbacks are getting harder to come by these days, especially ones that are in any kind of restorable condition.

It does run and move under it's own power. Once you jump the dead battery.
Yes they are getting harder to find. I wish I had more time to work on it. But it's likely going to a good home.
Thanks for your help Tyler