What is needed for 5sp to auto swap

• Sponsors (?)

computer, tranny wiring harness, trans, converter, flexplate, block plates. shifter

i have some stock parts left over from my AODE-5speed swap if you decide to do it

I did it on our Mustang (which is back to a 5 speed now). There is a lot involved. We have a tech article on our web page - see sig for link. I loved the auto, but I gave the car to my son and he wanted a TKO 600 in it, so that's what he did.

I have one of the OD modules that's been for sale for a while if you need one.

Don

I have an auto from my 94 mustang that has 1,000 miles on it. Got the tranny rebuilt with shift kit and other upgrades. Auto shifts like a beast. the tranny can spin the tires into second and sometimes into third. Awsome rebuild by race shop.

I also have a B&M shifter for it. It is a ratcheting shifter, look on summit's page they sell them. very cool. i went to a tko-500 soon after rebuild.
Both in great condition.

I also have the computer, the harness, the flywheel, and everything, but the torque converter.

i have the auto computer if u need it, i can sell it for pretty cheap, i wish i knew that some one-anyone- out there wanted to swap to an auto. i just gave mine away to a junkyard since i couldnt sell it over the summer. it was just rebuilt 20k ago too with upgraded everything (accum. etc...) and converter. i swapped for the t-5. dont forget the radiator as it will need to be replaced or tapped or the lines. unless 5 spd ones already have the fittings?

gcomfx.com said:
Woot! AODE...

Usually a convert goes the other way. Way to go! Not often people choose to be the red headed step child. :D
Well, not worried about fun factor. I want to get consistent times with the car. Its not my DD or even nice mustang. :nice:

gcomfx.com said:
Woot! AODE...

Usually a convert goes the other way. Way to go! Not often people choose to be the red headed step child. :D

Haha true dat.

This month's issue of MM&FF has a 5->Auto article. I haven't read it yet but after flipping through it they put in a (modded) 4R70W into a T-trimmed Bullitt.

Wes