what is with the lift kits in Cali.

i was in san diego on a business trip a couple of weeks ago and noticed that about 1 of every 4 trucks has at least a 6 inch lift kit on it. i live in ohio where we could really put that stuff to use and the ratio is more like a 1 of 10 with maybe a 3 inch lift. what gives. by the way my trip took me right across the road from bilstien. if i had time i was gonna check it out but it wasnt in the cards.

• Sponsors (?)

You sure they weren't pre-runners (or 2WD desert runners)? I remember seeing alot of those when I was out there (not far from SD). If so, they tend to put big lifts on those trucks.

yeah, every one and there mom drives a lifted truck in california!! the girls dig em! I personally never drove one. I've seen ones on the road that had there front bumber higher than the roof of the minivan in front of it!!

I lived down there for quite some time. You can buy Trucks brand new from the dealerships with a full fabteck, rancho, or any other lift you want. There are just so many shops down there. Where I lived out in Santee, there was a place called Total Performance. If they didn't have what I wanted in Stock, they would have it the next day. It was great.

Cali is the place to be for parts, but it costs quite a bit to live there.

Yeah im in SD and there are a TON of lifted trucks. Just like Shane said you can buy a brand new F-150 with a complete lift of your choice here in San Diego. The deserts are pretty close so a lot of people go out with them and mess around. But most just like to ahve a big truck i guess. East County of San Diego is where the ratio goes 3 lifted trucks for every 4 trucks you see.:jaw:

I completely agree!! however 99% of those retards don't even take them off the road! i've always wanted a prerunner. rallying through the mud is fun and all but i have the need for speed!!

I live in louisiana so I see alot of lifted trucks. Most of them are alwys dirty so I know they get used like they should. But I have a friend who has a Chevy 1500 with 13 inches of lift and like 40 in Super Swampers. He has never taken it offroad once. His brother took is "down the road" once and brough it back muddy. He was pissed and went wash it immediately.

When i ahd my truck I left the mud on. :D

My friend owns a Exhaust shop in irvine, he does all the RBP installs and outlaw offroad stuff, most of these people are spending between 5k to 30k to lift there trucks.... And most of them will never see offroad, I just dont understand it :shrug: They look cool, but most of the girls around here will tell you most of the guys driving them is to compensate for a lack of something else...:D I'm happy with my mazda and my cobra...

mootang said:
I completely agree!! however 99% of those retards don't even take them off the road! i've always wanted a prerunner. rallying through the mud is fun and all but i have the need for speed!!

Prerunners arent for mud, they were made like the name suggets, to prerun the race course for the race vehicles in the desert. Prerunners are all about desert, not mud or rocks. Just because a truck is lifted and is 2wd doesnt make it a prerunner, lot of people seem to not know this. Lift isnt the main thing, large amounts of wheel travel and suspension damping is what makes a good "prerunner".

yes seventymach1 got it! Maybe my wording was confusing but i was sayin rallying through the mud is fun and all, but I would rather have a prerunner so i could go haul ass through some woops!! and yes i understand that with a prerunner it doesn't have much to do with height but is all about suspension travel!