What kind of spoiler is this? I have never seen one before!

streetmonkey

May 28, 2008
Eastern Ky
I bought a 79 Cobra 1 week ago in 79 the only Mustang to come with a rear spoiler was the Pace Car. I am a member of many forums and so far no one has ever seen one like it. Here are the pics. This is when the car was still at the place where I bought it. It pivots in the rear and has 3 adjustments in the front. Any help is greatly appreciated!

The normal setting:
View attachment 316338
The 2nd setting:
View attachment 316339
The 3rd setting:
View attachment 316340
Here is the adjustment lever:
View attachment 316341
Here is a pic from the rear:
View attachment 316342
Here is one of the front of the spoiler:
View attachment 316343

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah the only thing I could think of was some sort of after market spoiler. It is more thank likely after market..... I just wonder what brand? It looks to be made pretty good. The 2 outside pieces are fiberglass and the center(adjustable) piece is aluminum.

the two outer peices look like a 87-93 gt part of a wing, dunno about the center:shrug:. looks custom.

I thought the same and looked at the 2 side by side and there are differences between the 2 outer pieces and the stock GT wing Then I looked at an LX wing and compared just to ease my mind only to find they are different also. I even looked at the old 82ish style GT wing. No luck there either. I would say it is after market.

Well, if it is a production piece, it could be a really cool score, but its definitely not an original Ford piece. Try taking it off (I imagine you are planning on it while cleaning/painting anyway) and see if it has manufacturer markings anywhere on it.

Thats really neat man. Keep us informed! :nice:

I have asked questions about this spoiler on many other forums and the only thing I came up with so far was from foureyedpride.com , a couple of folks over there said that they thought it was a ford motorsport piece. And that if it was in fact a ford motorsport piece that it was pretty rare. I'll keep ya posted.