What motor oil you running

Swarzkopf said:
The only stuff to stay away from is that "Synthetic Blend" crap like Castrol sells...

It's a literal mix of their synthetic and conventional oils- while this sounds good in theory, in practice it can lead to a dangerous situation under extreme heat and high RPM...the two oils can separate, creating a dangerous condition in which proper lubrication isn't provided.

While this isn't likely to happen normally, the fact that it can happen period is enough to keep me away from "synthetic blend"...that, and for $1 more a quart I can get the real synthetic stuff.
:scratch: Um I really think you have your facts mixed up here. I've never heard of or seen reports of anything of that nature ever happaning. If this were fact then I seriously doubt Motorcraft would be switching almost all there dino oil to synthetic blends. The only dino oil they offer is 5/10w20 and below for gas power last I cheked, they no longer offer 10w30 dino only syn-blend 10w40 in syn-blend. Also motorcraft 10w30 is only 2.07 each full syn are $4+.

• Sponsors (?)

Been running mobil 1 10W30 for six years now. Just to prove how good that stuff is when I took my motor out at 106K miles it was extremely clean and you could still see the cross hatch marks on the cylinder walls. That motor is still running in another car to this day with no rebuild and has about 205K on it and still runs mobil 1.

i used to run mobil 5w30 syn, but now i run 10w30 for some extra protection on those cold starts,hehe. car now has 105k so i figured id give it a lil more protection specially since it gets driven hard. my car burns about 1 quart every 2000-2500 miles depending on how i drive it. and i usually change every 3k, how much oil does everyone else burn?

MysticKeith50 said:
the funny thing is there are only 3 companies that manufacture oil for vehicles in the world, which in turn sells it to mobil, pennzoil, etc......but anyway i use motorcraft 10-30 and filter.

I had also heard that Kendall makes the motorcraft oil, I dont know if its true or not but Kendall is decent oil