What Size Wheel????

Smoothy13

May 31, 2005
I'm looking to replace my Stock 2005 Mustang GT premium wheels...but I see things like offset, +/-....If I want to replace the wheels that are currently on there with the same size and everything...what should I be looking for???

• Sponsors (?)

anthony05gt said:
You want a wheel with a +45mm offset. Go to tirerack.com and you will be able to see what many choices actually look like on your car.

Well, and I know Anthony knows this from his posts, but +45mm isn't the be all- end all. This number can/will change depending on the width of the wheel you wish to run. But, as a generality, +45 will fit these cars ideally.

Then the only thing you need to know is go with an 8" wide wheel with a +45mm offset. With that size tire you can get away with a +35mm offset. That will push the wheels out closer to the edge.

I won't go with anything over an 18 rim. Remember the larger the wheel the harder it is for the engine/drivetrain to get it moving. I will take up more power for a larger wheel, but I'm sure everyone knows that. I personally think these cars look great with 17s or 18s with a inch or more lowering.

If anyone could help in providing me with places to purchase these 454 wheels, or one's similar. I like the style, but offset seems to be a problem. If anyone has sites to goto that they like for wheels...thanks