what spark plugs in 04 gt

bigbird04

Jul 15, 2010
Decatur Al.
What plugs would you recomend for a stock 04 GT ? I've searched and motorcraft copper seem to be a good choice. Is there any chain auto parts store I can buy them at ? Also how about NGK TR55s ? Any sugestions,where to buy and part numbers would be greatly appreciated . The car has 98k on it and I just bought it , gonna do an oil change and figured I might as well do plugs too so I know what I've got there. Sorry for the millionth question on plugs and thanks in advanced for any help.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks, what is the torque spec and why is it so important to torque to spec ( I know in aperfect world every fastener should be, I work in a diesel engine plant as a QA tech) I've always just used a 3/8 ratchet and snuged them up in my previous cars before. I've never changed plugs in a 4.6 though. It looks like you have to remove the fuel rails, that sucks but it should be alot easier than changing number 8 on a f body though.

Thanks, what is the torque spec and why is it so important to torque to spec ( I know in aperfect world every fastener should be, I work in a diesel engine plant as a QA tech) I've always just used a 3/8 ratchet and snuged them up in my previous cars before. I've never changed plugs in a 4.6 though. It looks like you have to remove the fuel rails, that sucks but it should be alot easier than changing number 8 on a f body though.

It is important because these heads are notorious for blowing out plugs. 13 pounds. Make sure not to strip the thread by overtightening.