What Springs to use?

429Mustang429

May 26, 2006
Illinois
I have a 1989 'vert that will soon be turned into a high performance street strip car and i was curious to see what you guys thought about the suspension setups out there. I have a tubular k-member, but i want to remain with the factory spring and strut setup (no coil-overs). I'd like the car to sit as close to stock or possiably a little lower if possiable. I would really love to be able to have that ultimate weight transfer and be able to rip the front wheels up at the track.

I have a set of moroso front drag coils, as well as a set of 90/10 lakewoods, but the problem is, i dont want to try and get on it through a corner and have the front end lift.

I have also checked into other drag springs and i understand the principal of the rear passenger side spring being taller so you can launch level, but i feel that would affect my cornering ability.

I hear that the 4 cylinder springs have good weight transfer?

I know that the 1999-2004 stangs handle like a dream, but will they fit/are they a good idea on a fox?

So far, my plans are to get a set of adjustable koni's, that way i can adjust the struts/shocks according to what i may be planning on doing that night. And if i come across a time when i need to adjust, i can pop the trunk and hood and simpy twist a knob.

Now i just need to figure out what springs to use. Any suggestions??

~darren

• Sponsors (?)

Make a decision. You can't have both. If you want it to corner, it aint going to pull the wheels. Good control arms, steeda drag spring, your 90-10s and adj. rears. Unhook the front swaybar at the track. This combo isn't bad. If you want a corner carver get the eibach pro kit and bilsteins. To pull the wheels with eibach pros you will need slicks and buttload of power.