RANT!!! What to do? How to decide

nickyb

I gotta say i never painted my nuts, Never Ever
15 Year Member
Apr 3, 2009
nevada
After 18 days in the hospital (hell) I'm out and I have two weeks of nothing to do,can't lift over ten lbs.
Wanted to go to pick a part yesterday, the dam battery is dead as dog :poo:. Over 4 years old so it's due.
AutoZone duralast gold = 3year free replacement =$200.99
Costco interstate = 3 year free replacement = $74.99
Oh what do I do?

Attachments

• IMG_20221013_090422.jpg
    IMG_20221013_090422.jpg
    654.1 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

autozone is such rip off, i used to work their. Constant, and I mean constant warranty swaps on batteries and they charge $ 160+, id go with the costco one

That ain't me, been working and hustling since I'm 9 years old.
Just doing less sucks for me.
I hear you man… I’m the same way. Go go go is the way to go. But if you’re down for a bit, so be it…….. take some time, get better, then you can go go go again.
We’re getting old….. gotta take care of the body that takes care of you!!

Reactions: 1 users
I don't know how it is in your states, but where I'm from, when you call a guy to come to your house an older guy shows up. Upper fifties guys like us are the workers of today' Probably because we were brought up by the World War Two generation that also kicked ass in life. My wife and I go crazy on our twenty four year old daughter because she calls in sick for work, and we never would consider such a thing unless we were bed ridden

I don't know how it is in your states, but where I'm from, when you call a guy to come to your house an older guy shows up. Upper fifties guys like us are the workers of today' Probably because we were brought up by the World War Two generation that also kicked ass in life. My wife and I go crazy on our twenty four year old daughter because she calls in sick for work, and we never would consider such a thing unless we were bed ridden
When I call someone for a quote or work they never show up....
Watch the shorts on youtube.... We are doomed....

When I call someone for a quote or work they never show up....

Same. If I call 10 contractors, 1 shows up, farts around, and gives me the “I don’t want to do it” price. I end up doing it myself.

Speaking of that I have two windows to install before winter once my finger heals.

I have been the general on 3 of my homes.... What I paid to have done was more than not a poor job....
I " think" the good contractors are kept busy by quality builders....

Same. If I call 10 contractors, 1 shows up, farts around, and gives me the “I don’t want to do it” price. I end up doing it myself.

Speaking of that I have two windows to install before winter once my finger heals.
If I was closer I would come by and help you get that done..... Of course I say that living 10 states away...LOL

If I was closer I would come by and help you get that done..... Of course I say that living 10 states away...LOL
Thanks,I know you would and I'd do the same. I'm climbing the walls that God for the dog he is truly my bestest friend.

You're generally better off doing most everything yourself anyway. You don't know who you can trust, who will show up, what kind of work they'll end up doing, etc etc etc. You're the only one who truly has your best interests at heart, so if you know how to do something you'll most likely do a better job than someone you pay. And if you don't, you'll most likely step up and learn.

Most people our ages generally work their "aces" off probably for the reason that Pete said. I know in my case my mom sent me off to work with my great grandfather when I was 14 and 15. That man taught me more than any schooling ever could, both practically and societally. One of those things is what contractors today lack - he'd tell me that you're only as good as your word, and your actions better back them up. If you say you're going to do something you'd damned well better do it - and do it to the best of your ability - otherwise word will get around that you can't be trusted, then where are you? No true friends and no customers if you're doing some kind of job.

Where I live pretty much all the home builders do crap work. I walk through builds and it amazes me the lack of craftsmanship. I paid $104 per square foot on my current house back in 2013 and it wasn’t worth $85 a square if that. The same crews work for all the builders so when you GC your own stuff they will build what you need but getting them there, keeping them on it, and having them come back and fix anything that was done incorrectly is a crap shoot because you are a one and done and they want constant work.

You have to find those few that still care about their name and by word of mouth do good work. They cost more and have a back log but are worth it.

• Agree