What we figured I would pay for my 05!

notchnut

Founding Member
Mar 6, 2001
New England
Monday I went to my dealer to discuss possible numbers for trading in my 04 Ranger for an 05 GT. My stepfather is the head writer for the bodyshop so that qualifys me for the D-plan which I used on my Ranger. So taking that into acount with my military rebate (700.00?) and the sales rep who happens to be the owners son said we will work everything out that we can. ie:factory rebate,loyalty discount etc. He said before I left I could possibly be driving my GT by early October & pay roughly between $22,500-$24,000 all said and done. He seems to be rather confident it will end up being right around the middle of those figures, depending on the % of mark up from the 04 model year which thier not expecting to be any more that $1,500-$1,800

what do you guys think?
I just got to sell the wife on it know but I think she'll bite! :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

Hey notchnut,
I too am using the D plan and my military discount ($1000.00 as far as I can tell) to buy my 05 GT. I am ordering it through aafes though. Im stationed in the pacific an the car will meet me at my next assignment in Europe.
When I innitialy ordered it on April 11, I had to set it up as an 04 model with a price upgrade of $1,258.00. I then had to wait until June 13 to actually put the 05 options into the order.

Since I innitialy ordered the car as an 04 and then paid the 1280 for the next year price uplift, I will not pay any more than 26,988,(before the D plan) even if for decides to sell these things for 30,000. The cool thing is if Ford decides to sell them for cheaper, I get it for the cheaper price. None of this really matters to me though, I just want the car.

I really dont know what the different plans are. Im not even sure if my father knows.

pinto