Whats considered high mileage on a 2004 Cobra?

• Sponsors (?)

Read the 03/04 Cobra FAQ located as a sticky at the top of the SVT Tech sun-forum. It'll amswer many of your questions. We actually have a member here (hotcobra03) who's '03 has 214,000+ miles on it! Yes that's Two Hundred Fourteen Thousand! :eek:

U.M.

Mine just turned 50000 today and the ONLY problem its ever had is a leaking diff cover which they will all do unless you get the diff cover brace. You should do a total system change though. New trans/diff/coolant/oil/SC oil/brake fluid. And the regulars like air/fuel filter. If you have stock rubber bushings chances are a few are worn and cracked in the IRS. Good time to upgrade them :nice:
I think mine just ripped its tranny mount cause now I get a clunk when giving it gas after coasting for a few seconds. Other then that they are rock solid cars. Of course the cooling mod is another great idea. I keep putting mine off cause I dread dropping the transmition.

Mine just turned 68,000 miles during this trip to Atlantic City and it will hit 69,000 on the way home. Other than getting a new front case for my T56 because of a bad bearing, I have never had a problem. Other than an MGW shifter, K&N filter and ceramic brake pads, the car is all original right down to the clutch. These cars are tough. Mileage is less important than how the car has been driven.

:flag::nice:

Ooooops, I lied. I was looking at all my cars reciepts last night and last year it got a new alt. IDK what the stock size is but this is a 165 amp version. I dont know if it went bad or they wanted a larger one when the battery was relocated to the rear :shrug: