whats the best way to trailer a fox body?

stangbang411

Apr 6, 2009
im going to pick up a fox i just bought from dallas tx i live in amarillo so the drive with the car on the trailer will be about 5-6 hours im usin my dads friends 18ft dove tail car hauler and i have only 4 rachet straps rated at 2000 lbs a piece what is the safest and best way to strap the car to the trailer for the trip?

• Sponsors (?)

im going to pick up a fox i just bought from dallas tx i live in amarillo so the drive with the car on the trailer will be about 5-6 hours im usin my dads friends 18ft dove tail car hauler and i have only 4 rachet straps rated at 2000 lbs a piece what is the safest and best way to strap the car to the trailer for the trip?

I always did an "X" front and "X" back loading the springs to make the bounce go away. I also had additional short axle straps for the rear. If you don't have "J" hooks they are pretty cheap and work well. Avoid the cloth webbing rubbing on anything. But then you aren't going very far either!!

Check trailer tires. If one out of 4 is low on air trailer will start fishtailing on you at speed and that can get ugly.