whats with granatelli and diablo predator?

swl987

May 6, 2004
Cleveland,Oh
i'm going to buy a diablo predator and the site i want to buy it from calls it a granatelli diablo predator. is there anything different about it? is it lower quality? did granatelli just buy the company? and the store is not granatelli motorsports. whats the deal?

• Sponsors (?)

I was sort of wondering the same thing, I want to buy the diablosport predator but I found a couple places with good prices on the "granatelli" predator (includung summit). This leads me to believe that some company produces the hardware and diablo, granatelli, etc. provides the software??? Also, I checked out granatelli's website and now they have some tuner called the fuego??? What are your thoughts:shrug:

StangPro said:
It's a predator with a Grantelli sticker on it. It may have a pre-loaded tuning file that granantelli claims is better. SLP does the same thing.

Either way, a predator is a predator.
nah, I'm sure the Made In China sticker was removed and some internal screws wern't installed on the Grantelli one

Well I used it's diagnostic function last night to check the ECT against my Autometer water temp gauge. My car runs way to hot in traffic when temps approach the century mark. It appears my gauge was right, even though the factory t-stat is 195 the low-speed fan isn't set to come on till 208 and the hi-speed till 228. In town my car runs at 230 when the weathers hot so I adjusted all the fan on-off temps 8 degrees lower than factory to see if it makes a noticable difference on the Autometer.

Well it did make a diff, car runs right at 220 now when it's 100+ degrees outside.

Next question, Diablosports website if I'm understanding it correctly says the Predator has a performance tune for 87, 91, and 93 octane. Well I can't find them I loaded the performance tune expecting to get an octane option sometime before it actually loaded the tune but it never did, so I removed the tune. Can anyone tell me were I can find the different octane tune options? My Predator does have the latest revision.