Wheel Spacers

SpyderThree

May 21, 2017
Hey Guys, my first post ever here and my first day owning a 95 Mustang GT convert. I also bought a set of 2012 mustang wheels. They're 19x8.5 with 245/45 series tires. I was planning on buying a set of 1 inch spacers but the back wheels look farther in then the fronts. Now I'm thinking 1's in the front and 1.5's in the rear. Has anyone done this so I'm not wasting money on the wrong sizes?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

No advise on this? My current plan (now) is to jack the car up and test the fit and look of the wheels. Then select spacers. I've never done this so I wouldn't mind some advise on how to check turning radius of the fronts for clearance.

You are on the right track. The 05+ Wheels usually need 1" spacers, possibly more on sn95s.

At a minimum you'll need a quality hubcentric bolt on spacer, along with upgrading the studs.

Second issue is tires. 245/45/19s are too big in terms of OD for the SN95. That's 2" larger in diameter. Ideal size for SN95 is 245/35/19. Not a cheap tire

If you could find the offset and Backspace specs of the particular wheel you got, you could compare to SN95 wheels and figure out a spacer size

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user