Wheel & Tire options for my '97 Snake???

hersheyman

Jul 15, 2004
Oklahoma
I could use some help from you guys out there that have added aftermarket wheels & tires to your 94-98 Cobras. I want to fill out the rear fender well better and get a wider tire such as 275 or more. Obviously the stock wheels are probably not going to support this. I have thought about wheel spacers, but have my doubts these will hold up to driving on a road course for fun. I need to save my money for a spring/shock set up as well as rear lower control arms to get her handling better. What is the widest tire you have put on the rear of the stock 17x8 rims on these years? What is the best wheel/tire combo you bought? I plan to use my existing 245 width rubber up front so a pair of 17x8s will suffice there. Should I look for 17x9 or 17x10.5 for the rear. Post some pictures if you go 'em or email them to me at [email protected]. Thanks, Shannon

• Sponsors (?)

http://members.cardomain.com/chrisbudl1
stock tires, dropped, and getting ready to put on some 18x9's with 265\35's and 18x10's with 295\35's. a 285 on a ten inch saleen wheel will definately clear the rears. but like previously mentioned, my car is twisted or something, there is 1\2 " difference between front drivers side and passenger side, and the exact opposite with the rear. pretty strange if you ask me, but it was used. atleast check out the pics, and good luck. chris
oh yeah just search the boards for pics. or cardomain for some more. www.wheelreplicas.com customers rides, and finally tirerack.

I'm running 275/40/17s on 8" wheels up front and 315/35/17s on 10.5" wheels at the rear. Quad shocks reversed, 4" area of inner fender slotted and bent over with a ball peen hammer.

Car is on Eibach Pro springs WITHOUT front isolators...under HARD cornering or big dips I will get some harmless rubbing, but the handling is sooooo much better, I can live with it no problem!

I'd have to recommend adjustable shocks/stuts with this much rubber also.

a_svtfrontsmall.jpg

Good Luck!

tygr1 said:
I'm running 275/40/17s on 8" wheels up front and 315/35/17s on 10.5" wheels at the rear. Quad shocks reversed, 4" area of inner fender slotted and bent over with a ball peen hammer.

Car is on Eibach Pro springs WITHOUT front isolators...under HARD cornering or big dips I will get some harmless rubbing, but the handling is sooooo much better, I can live with it no problem!

I'd have to recommend adjustable shocks/stuts with this much rubber also.

a_svtfrontsmall.jpg

Good Luck!

Not relevant to the subject but are those clear headlights and stock corners? Just wondering....if so the clears make a difference.