When I turn my wheel, something creaks/squeeks

• Sponsors (?)

For what it's worth .. I have had this damn creaking noise forever and tried basically everything to track it down. Well, over the weekend I decided to take my shock, spring, all that stuff, off of the passenger side where the noise is most prominent. When I took the spring out, the isolator at the base of the spring was disgusting with dirt and crap. I took it off the spring and cleaned it and put some 303 aerospace protectant on em, put them back on the car and the creaking noise was gone. The 'pop' noise was not gone though. So today, I replaced my steering rack bushings and tada!! no more creaking or popping. My creaking noise was the spring isolator being nasty and my popping sound was from the rack bushings. It actually sounds like a normal car now when I turn!!! Hope this may help others.

Well now I know what noise the car makes with this tsb..

it's not a external squeek liek a tie rod end outside the car thats also common this one you feel in the steering wheel and you can hear it inside. I have never heard this one before..

my car just started doing it on my way to work :(

svttech76 said:
Well now I know what noise the car makes with this tsb..

it's not a external squeek liek a tie rod end outside the car thats also common this one you feel in the steering wheel and you can hear it inside. I have never heard this one before..

my car just started doing it on my way to work :(

Hard to describe in writing isn't it?

FWIW, I replaced the rack bushings with factory rubber ones because they were 8 bucks and the old ones lasted 60K .. they completely fixed the noise ... well, that and the tie rod ends :p

DTNODYA said:
Hard to describe in writing isn't it?

FWIW, I replaced the rack bushings with factory rubber ones because they were 8 bucks and the old ones lasted 60K .. they completely fixed the noise ... well, that and the tie rod ends :p

it's funny because I never had this problem then when I got in my car today it was fine then all of a sudden it started doing it.

svttech76 said:
it's funny because I never had this problem then when I got in my car today it was fine then all of a sudden it started doing it.

I was just messin with ya. I know that you have amazing mustang knowledge and I've learned a lot from your posts. Out of curiosity, what do you plan to do to fix it? If rack bushings, what type? Hell, you may have a different noise than we all do ....

I replaced mine with energy suspension poly bushings. All was great for a few months, then it came back. I was like wtf???? So in some spare time I slowly started to track this down and I found out what it was on my car. Seems everyone has something different causing it?!:nonono: