Where to get MAF screen for SCT 2400

mijon61

Jun 11, 2002
Toledo Ohio
Anybody know where I can get a wire mesh screen for my SCT 2400 MAF? Pre-made with rubber seals or a mesh screen I have to modify is fine with me.
I have stalling issues at speed that a new IAC, clean the MAF, and all the other tips have not fixed.

• Sponsors (?)

Kilgore Trout said:
I am not sure, I think the screen does more than just trap debris. I think it also has something to do with airflow :scratch:
What? You mean besides reducing it somewhat? There's an urban legend out there stating it "straightens" the airflow out... Think about it, how can a .05mm wide screen affect anything more than the total CFM rate?

U.M.

People smarter than I have argued whether it straightens airflow or not. All I know is almost every person I've read about that has my issue (~50 over the last year) that couldn't fix the problem with the usual tricks replaced their screen and the problem was gone. The ones who didn't went to a tuner. I do believe it will restrict air a little, but will I notice if it is 469hp or 479hp? Nope. I will notice trying to stop or turn when the engine dies.

This is a very common problem with the Terminators. I know because I had the dreaded stall myself. It was easily fixed in the tune though. Not saying this is the case in your vehicle as it relates to the 03/04 Cobra... but I'm betting a good tuner could correct your driveability issues. Additionally if other people had or are having the same problem and replacing the MAF screen fixed it why not ask those same people where they got their MAF screen from?

U.M.

Uncle Meat said:
Additionally if other people had or are having the same problem and replacing the MAF screen fixed it why not ask those same people where they got their MAF screen from?

U.M.
I kinda thought I was doing that in a general fashion. It would take some searchin to find the exact individuals. Most were people that removed their screen, had problems then put them back. Others went to a bigger MAF like me due to SC and their old 80mm screen doesn't fit. Guess this is the lazy man's way?

Dan_Soprano said:
the problem is in the tune. is your base tune the AMZ1 or the QDH whatever? If it's not the AMZ1 or 2 then thats your problem.
His car is not a Terminator Dan.

As for a MAF screen that fits the SCT 2400... what's the diameter of that MAF? 80MM like the stock 03/04 Cobra's? Maybe you could use one from a stock Terminator? :shrug:

U.M.

The stock MAF screen does straighten out airflow on a stock vehicle and offers almost no restriction. I doubt there is any way to retrofit one to a BA 2400 anyway. But, the problem isn't a lack of screen, I agree the tune can fix it really easily.

Don