which bassani x pipe?

• Sponsors (?)

:drool: I have listenend to that clip about 1000 times. Matter of fact you are the reason I called LFP, so thank you :worship: Now stop posting those clips, I can't take it anymore :drool: Well, maybe I will listen a few more times :)

so i found out the difference between the 3 piece x pipe w/cats and the 5 piece with cats. the 3 piece is not stainless, it is aluminized. it also comes with normal cats. the 5 piece is stainless, and it comes with high flow comp cats. so i went with the 5 piece. so far the only parts that have come in are the flows and the ducktail, but i get the car tomorrow. so anyone who wants to buy the bassani x, get the 5 piece and get it from LightningForce Performance!

I have the Bassani Axle-Back kit on mine now, just LOVE it. I want to install the 5-piece kit you guys have just ordered. My only concern, will I have to tune it since I'll be replacing the factory cats? I'm not quite ready to void my warranty yet, but I've heard this thing sounds amazing with Bassani's full kit on.

I think you only need to get a tune if you don't put the cats on. I didn't want to get a tune either, and Mark said I didn't need one as long as I put cats on.
When you call LFP, just double check with Mark, or call Bassani. I will get my GT and Bassani both next week. Looks like it will be a good week. :D

With the 5-piece (really it's a 7-piece, but you only use 5 pieces at a time), you have the option of either using the off-road legs or the comp cats.

If you run the off-road legs (what I'm doing), you'll need a tune to turn off the rear O2 sensors, or you can just drive around with your SES light on like I'm doing now.

If you run the comp cats this shouldn't be a problem.

I saw the location on the pipes for the O2 sensors on the "legs", that's what made me think that a tune wasn't necessary.

I wonder what the A/F ratio is while running the off-road x-pipe, within a safe range? Why would the check engine light come on?

I think the SES comes on because the O2 sensor is after-cat, and expects to be reading alot less emmissions at that point.

Hopefully I'll get on a dyno soon with my o/r and read the a/f, although I doubt it's running lean.

Madhouse said:
I think the SES comes on because the O2 sensor is after-cat, and expects to be reading alot less emmissions at that point.

Hopefully I'll get on a dyno soon with my o/r and read the a/f, although I doubt it's running lean.

If you could post those numbers, that would be very beneficial. Thanks for your help.