Which Cam Setup would be best?

IJUSTWON

Jul 22, 2004
I have a 2001 GT with a 5.1l Stroker kit on the way with forged internals, what is the best Cam setup for me, and can i use the stock valve springs or will i HAVE to upgrade? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

"best setup" is being waaay too vague. what do you want out of the car? do you want people to give you the :eek: look when you roll up next to them at a light, or do you want it to be not as noticable?

as far changing the valve springs, it depends on how wild of cam you go with, & what kind of rpm's you want to turn with your setup

I want 300+ RWHP, yes i have a stroker kit but not installed yet, all forged internals, i want a Lopey sound to it but would rather not hafta replace valves, runnign low on money but am in desperate need of a set of cams, also i wanna keep it around the stock rpm range.

IJUSTWON said:
I want 300+ RWHP, yes i have a stroker kit but not installed yet, all forged internals, i want a Lopey sound to it but would rather not hafta replace valves, runnign low on money but am in desperate need of a set of cams, also i wanna keep it around the stock rpm range.

well if you wanna stay around stock rpm range get VT engine stage 1 cams. you won't need to change the valve springs (although it's never a bad idea) & it will give you nice performance & sound :nice:

Comp XE278AH cams work for me in my 306 blown stroker.....You better like a lopey idle though and I would use Comp Cams beehive springs if I were to do it over.......The stock springs give out about 6000 with the .550 lift.............