Which Center Caps to use? (Pics)

moneypit94

May 23, 2003
Macomb, IL
I bought an AFS set of 03's and i also bought some OEM SVT center caps... Now i can't make up my mind which ones i want to use...

BTW: I think these 10.5" wide wheels are really going to make my stang stand out... And i hope to find somebody that can balance my wheels without putting the weights on the front!!!

newrims.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

moneypit94 said:
I bought an AFS set of 03's and i also bought some OEM SVT center caps... Now i can't make up my mind which ones i want to use...

BTW: I think these 10.5" wide wheels are really going to make my stang stand out... And i hope to find somebody that can balance my wheels without putting the weights on the front!!!

newrims.JPG
they didnt come balanced??? or did you not get the tires with them???

Anthony

VIPERn94Five-0 said:
they didnt come balanced??? or did you not get the tires with them???

Anthony
I bought the tires and rims seperatly...

:OT: I got the rims for 545 shipped [(2) 10.5" wide and (2) 9" wide]... :banana:
Buying them seperatly i think it ended up costing me 900 shipped wheels and tires. I don't think i could have gotten a tire/wheel package for that price..

I got the exact same tires and rims. I just mounted them on my car. They just barely squeeze under without sticking outside the fenders (BARELY). They look so bad ass from behind it's scarry. However, the exhaust rubs up againts the tire no space there at all and it's resting againts the tire. I don't know about the quad shocks clearing as I didn't investigate it further. Thinking of running dumps or moving the exhaust over haven't decided. Let me know what you do with your exhaust moneypit.

However, I got the same problem with center caps. Since I own a GT I don't really care for the snake. The SVT would be my vote. However, if anyone could find the running pony on all black that would be kick ass. I just couldn't find that centercap anywhere.

Piston: You got the Nitto's too or did you get the BFG T/A's ? If you got the BFG's you will have to keep me posted on how well and how long they last... Im sure i will be buying rear tires more frequently now...

Note: After i posted this i took the wheels up and had them static balanced so there is no weights showing on the front now.

I got the BFgoodrich Drag's those are super sticky I'm hoping I will start hooking a lot more then my NT555R 275x35R18's which just spun and spun. There is not a lot of tread on drag radial to begin with so I will assume that they will wear pretty fast myself, they are really soft.

nittos usually last abour 12 thou... depending on how hard/often you drive your car.. and also what PSI you run them. BFG's seem to last about 8 thou. I also have 10 1/2 rims on my car.. i just went to dumps... so it LOOKS and SOUNDS mean.. :D

oh and i also vote SVT.. as long as you own a cobra... of course

i hate you all :mad: :mad: j/k
i have them with the cobra emblems. i just have 17x9s though. the BFGs seem to hook up pretty good. don't know about their longevity yet. i got 1" wheel spacers in there and it looks bad a$$ from the rear. thats always an option for you guys if they rub.

i hate you all j/k
i have them with the cobra emblems. i just have 17x9s though. the BFGs seem to hook up pretty good. don't know about their longevity yet. i got 1" wheel spacers in there and it looks bad a$$ from the rear. thats always an option for you guys if they rub.

With the 1 inch spacer is the tire sticking out past the fender? That's one thing I would hate. It would seem like it would do that since I swear if the tire was couple more mm wider it would be sticking out.