Which Exhaust??

johnbon0192

Dec 9, 2007
hey i have a 07 GT and im looking into getting a new cat-back exhaust and am looking for some suggestions...i want it to sound deep and very loud...i have heard a lot about Borla Stingers and they sound like what i want...but i heard they were loud not LOUD!!! any suggestions? thanks

• Sponsors (?)

hey i have a 07 GT and im looking into getting a new cat-back exhaust and am looking for some suggestions...i want it to sound deep and very loud...i have heard a lot about Borla Stingers and they sound like what i want...but i heard they were loud not LOUD!!! any suggestions? thanks

SLP's Maybe or you can do Mac's with an Prochamber which sounds loud and deep.

I hear that a catback exhaust on an S197 is pretty much a waste of money unless you're going to be putting down some massive power and require 3in+ piping. I got curious so I looked at the factory piping and it's nice and straight with mandrel bends I didn't see a need to change it. You're probably better off just buying a set of mufflers you really like. Those + the cats will yield the highest power.

I was checking out some vids on youtube and saw a mustang with axle-back stingers and a Pypes O/R H pipe and it sounds REAL nice...does anyone have this setup? if so how loud is it? and a slp loudmouth w/ pypes o/r x pipe

I was checking out some vids on youtube and saw a mustang with axle-back stingers and a Pypes O/R H pipe and it sounds REAL nice...does anyone have this setup? if so how loud is it? and a slp loudmouth w/ pypes o/r x pipe

How about a cat and muffler delete? (If you don't have to worry about emissions) It sounds awesome on the S197's:D

I put the Steeda axle back (extremely similar to FRPP and Borla Stingers)along with an off road H on my wife's '08 and it sounds great. Loud but not obnoxious. Very deep muscle car sound. She is very happy and I am sure you would be also. She loves that it is louder than my heads/cam Bassani full exhaust Z06. But she knows I can blow her doors off and never shift out of 2nd. The stingers, FRPP and Steeda are all made by Borla I believe. Brenspeed got us a great deal on the Steeda exhaust and H pipe with no sales tax or shipping.

I have the stingers along with SLP LT headers and offroad prochamber. It's LOUD at WOT yet quiet in the lower rpm's. Excellent quality loud.

Stingers are great for retaining sound quality with offroad exhaust. They get a lot louder with offroad pipe, not so much louder with headers. The tone stays pretty much the same although headers make it growl even better.

i think im going with the slp loudmouth with a pypes O/R X-Pipe....anyone have this? i heard it is LOUD and has a pretty nice sound
thanks

If you want loud and rough you will get it with that setup, but it won't have a deep tone. I would highly recommend you here it in person or watch some clips on youtube first. I don't care much for that muffler delete sound unless you have a catted h pipe then it sounds pretty good.

i think im going with the slp loudmouth with a pypes O/R X-Pipe....anyone have this? i heard it is LOUD and has a pretty nice sound
thanks

That setup will be very very loud...you basically will be running just a straight pipe all the way from the manifolds! I have the SLP LM's and have the high flow Bassani X and it is still very loud. I think the LM's with and off road X (catless) will be undriveable.

Here is an example of my exhaust last year with FRPP headers, stock catted H and SLP LM's. Not the best of quality recording but it kind of gives you an idea of how loud it is. I know Erin could tell ya!!!

View attachment 342345

ahhh this is such a tough decision. so you think that slp LM with a pypes o/r x-pipe would be too loud anybody else think so? how about borla stingers with the pypes o/r x-pipe? is that loud with a nice sound?

by the way its a daily driver

Did you check out Magnaflow's website? I have Magnapacks full ca back, with a Magbaflow high flow X-pipe on the way...I LOVE the sound now, and cant wait till after the X..check it out, and tell me what you thought..

I agree, not just because I have magnapacks also but because I think strait through mufflers sound the best on the S197s. When we had that run in on the highway I knew you didn't have a chambered muffler on your stang. My buddy has SLP and they also sound good. Can't wait to see what yours will sound like with the X. Seeing as you said high flow I assume your getting the X with the high flow cats:nice: ?