Engine Which Intake for 363

I am pretty certain I will do a 363. Car is mainly a street car. Jim Woods and I have discussed 10.4 compression with TF 205 heads. I am leaning towards a TF Box R with a 90mm throttle body. Fuel pump is a 255 with 47 pd injectors. What are your opinions on the Box R for the street. Any others you recommend for a car that is mainly street. Thank you

• Sponsors (?)

Not sure a Box R is that street friendly. It looks bad ass, but the rpm operating range is 3,000-8,000 rpm.
Obviously if you are building a high rpm 363 with some gear in the rear it can work just fine.

With what those heads flow, Box "R" or the Holley "Hi-Ram". Single plane with elbow would also work. Systemax could be made to work with some good porting. Any less intake, your going to lose a reasonable amount of power. Will be fine for the street, not a 302.

I’ve been running a box r on a 347 for the last few years. It’s actually a great intake for street use.
Does the extra displacement lower the RPM power range of the intake? 8000 rpm is higher than I plan on spinning a 347.

You’ve kind got to take the rpm ratings with a grain of salt. To put it simply, yes, the larger engine tends to tame the rpm range somewhat. The engine size is just one thing that dictates this. You could technically put the intake on any 8.2 deck sbf so it could be anywhere from a 289 (or a 260 even) all the way to 363+ so it’s a pretty wide range.
Are you running a 90mm throttle body? I have made up my mind on getting the kick ass looking Box R. Thank you to everyone for your feedback. I greatly appreciate it.
Yeah I have the 90mm. I actually had a 75mm on a sn95 that I had the intake on before and it ran good as well. You’d be surprised how much torque down low the box r will actually make.

I’d definitely get the box r and never look back. You’ve got an aftermarket block with a good rotating assembly and a badass set of heads. Put the box on there and drive the bitch it like it should be.

Reactions: 1 users
I just checked out an old thread about hood clearance. I have a Cervini 2.5 cowl so I would need to get a 4 inch. I think I have to go with Holley Hi-Ram so I can clear. Sucks but Holley looks kick ass also
If you get some cheap k member spacers the intake will clear.

The hi ram will for sure not fit.

Who makes the spacers? I still have a stock K member. Holley lists on their web that hi ram fits under a Cervini 2.5.
I’d believe you could make the side entrance upper work, but not the front entry. I’d guess the side entry Holley would involve either convertible motor mounts or k member spacers as well. There are a couple companies that make the spacers, maximum motorsports is one of them.

A note about the fuel rails with the trickflow intake, I have used stock sn95 rails with the box r before. Others have used stock fox rails, but some aftermarket regulators have clearance issues.

manifold3.jpg